SAU Community

Jingle Bells...

inark

its ALMOST that time of year where you need to make the mad rush down the shops which hold 100 people and have 20000 people in them to buy crap for the people in your family or who give you lovin to make it onto your gift list.

usually around that time i know i am always guilty of shopping at the last minute and then having an issue in deciding what the hell to get so my gifts are usually poo.

but its the thought that counts... right?

Anyway... i thought it might be helpful to myself... and others who maybe as slack as me to create some sort of list of things that are out there that would make good presents.

Yo momma!!! or Grandmomma!!! or sister... or girlfriend... or ho

-Perfume (boring... but when ya low on ideas its always a easy way out)

Allure, 5th Avenue, 24 Faubourg, Red Door, Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue are nice.

-Roses only (www.rosesonly.com.au - good for anyone of the female persuasion)

Boxed gift sets with chocolates, flowers and all the stuff that the opposite sex seem to like. Also good because you dont have to leave the house!

-Music (good for anyone)

Also can be bought online if you cant be arsed going to the shops and getting it yourself.

-Hampers (http://www.agiftworthgiving.com.au)

Always popular with the ladies of your life... a mixed bag of all sorts of crap and once again delivered to your door and no need to travel.

-Smelly stuff (http://www.lush.com.au/catalog/home.php)

Shops in Chaddy and Swanston Street in the city... its that shop u walk past in Chadstone and almost drop dead from the potent stenches that come from it. Bit pricey but the chicks and old ducks seem to love it.

Whos yo daddy!!! or Brother... or cousin or pimp

Guys are generally easier to shop for... if its shiney... loud... electric and puts holes in or sands crap then its generally going to be fine... Tools, Alchamahol, stuff for their car, video games etc etc generally goes down well.

www.ebay.com.au is good for a bargain

www.sexylnd.com.au - always good for a laugh or something more serious if it floats ya boat

thats all for now... will keep adding em as i think of em... feel free to add some u know of and help out ya fellow clubmen

Almost forgot kids...

If theres a group of kids in the same family stuff like Candy Floss Makers, Ice Cream Makers and so on always go down well.

I like to buy toys for kids of the family that make the most noise possible just to stress out the parents and piss them off haha

Nice forward planning mate! Suppose it's not that far away!

Without fail, (unless its a group gift from my brothers & i) my shopping always tends to get done on christmas eve, round 5pm-ish. Going to put in a huge effort to do it early this year.

Its also good to spread the costs out over 3 months instead of a few days!!

Hmm... *mind ticking over*....

yeah thats why im starting now, cause around xmas im always poor lol

this gives me at least 3 months worth of pay to do something :D

Maybe you should organise a group buy?

Sort of like a standard issue SAU-vic gift hamper, with something in it for a dad/grandpa, mum/grandma, brother and a sister...

-Music (good for anyone)

Also can be bought online if you cant be arsed going to the shops and getting it yourself.

haha yeah thanks for the mp3 cd mangz

hahaha

nah but its a fair point I know what you mean :D

perfume is always a good fallback.

Duty free can be handy for me cause of all my friends who go back to wherever.

Or relos that come to oz.

Not a fan of those hampers, although they can make good buying when they are on sale after xmas for 1/3 the original price

hehehe