SAU Community

Questions

trigspeed

Hi guys, I'm new to the site.

I currently own a Skyline R32 GTS-T Type M in Calgary, Canada.

I am planning to move to Brisbane within a couple of years and was wondering what shops you guys have that sell aftermarket parts for our Skylines. I am wondering about this since here, we only have one shop that specializes in cars like this since they are very rare.

Also, what kind of restrictions on modifications are there in Australia that do not apply here. I've read a thread on blow off valves and was wondering whats the deal with them. Do police actually pull you over and charge you for having a bov?

If anyone has any information that would be helpful to me, that would be great.

I am also planning to import my S14 there, so I have a question about import laws and insurance on LHD cars.

Thanks in advance, see you guys on the streets sometime.

Anton.

If I were you I'd just sell your cars and buy new ones when you get here. your skyline is probably worth more over in Canada than it's worth here.

and re the BOV, here in QLD at the moment I've never been done for mine. I guess it comes down to whether the cop wants to be an a$$hole and how stupid you were being to attract his attention.

be more specific, what aftermarket parts do you want? How old are you? What do you want your car to do? etc, etc, etc.....

QLD is STILL the best state to live if you're a hoon. No fixed speed cameras, limited police presence on teh roads most of the year, (except for school holidays) the largest margin in terms of how many km over the limit you have to be going before they'll book you...... etc. Not that I'd ever hoon.

I am selling my Skyline as we speak. My S14 on the other hand I would prefer not to. It will soon have an RB26 with S15 front end and a whole lot of mods. So umm...not liking the idea of selling too much. But I guess I would have to anyways since I will not be willing to spend that amount of money converting.

BTW, I heard that if you're a citizen in Australia, you can bring your car over. My gf is from Brisbane, which is why I will be moving. So if car is registered on her? Would that make a difference?

But my main concern is the shops and parts availability. So can you tell me if there's a big market of shops dealing with imports?

Thanks for your responds, they are greatly appreciated.

i think you have to have owned the car for at least 1 year overseas before you bring the car over..

but it still has to meet australian standards with regards to everything in it (engine, brakes, tyres, etc.). i don't like the chances of registering a s14 with an rb26 unless every finicky detail has been covered including a RHD conversion..

good luck!

Warren

PS go canucks!

in all honesty would be easier to sell up and buy again here rather than having to rhd convo which i dont think is available for your car here anyway...good luck with whatever u decide..

Hmm... :mellow: I don't want to give up my S14 hah.

Thanks for all the input though guys...but still about shops. I need to know what kinds of things are available but everyone seems to be ignoring this question. I don't want anything specific like adresses and everything just wondering if I can order all my parts locally or have to order online.

i.e. Here we have Autodream, www.autodream.ca, know and buddies with most of the guys there. They know pretty much everything there is to know about Nissans. Not a traditional shop, they only do aftermarket modifications to cars, swaps, and importing engines.

Just want to know if there is anything similar there. I do most of my work myself but it's good to be able to consult with someone and/or ask for help.

Thanks to all of you to take the time to reply to me. I've done some research on all my questions myself but some were not made clear to me and it's best to find out things (like shops) from people that actually live there instead of getting information from the web.

Also, two more questions if you guys don't mind. One being... Here S14 and well all models of Skylines are very rear. What is it like in Brisbane and what price range would I be looking at? I am looking more into S13 or S14 than Skylines.

Also, what other car forums do you guys have that are pretty popular that I can read and find out more info? Thanks.

Thanks, Anton.

P.S. Go Flames.

skylines in brisbane... well, i drive 10 kilometers home from work and i saw at least 5 skylines today. and there's at least 6 that park in the street i work in. you could say they are in plague proportions. and i drive past at least a dozen businesses that cater to performance vehciles in some way in that same 10km.

Why not ship all the parts over (if you can!) for the engine transplant and buy an S14 over here and do the conversion here.

Or even just wait till you get to Brisbane and play to your hearts content with engine conversions and different front ends without the hassles of bringing the car over with you.

Yup, going to Australia cause girlfriend hates the cold and misses home. I get pretty dizzy when its like 25 degrees haha so I don't know how I'll handle the heat.

Well I will be loosing money if I sell it right now, so thats why I want to bring it with me. But I don't think I have a choice now. Guess I'll have to start from scratch.

Thanks for info.