SAU Community

How Much Shud I Pay For This....?

Mate personally it's worth around $10,000 or $12,000.

The only fact why I say that is because of the K's..

12k would be a steal none the less.

Tell him he's dreaming, less than $10k i reckon.

Its NA

Its got heaps of kms - you will have to fork out another $1k for the 200k service etc.

Its only GC.

In a few years it wont be worth anything.

Tell him he's dreaming, less than $10k i reckon.

Its NA

Its got heaps of kms - you will have to fork out another $1k for the 200k service etc.

Its only GC.

In a few years it wont be worth anything.

finally someone see's reason

an auto, NA, with a shit load of kms....why would you pay anywhere near $12k for it.

Depends on the condition of the car mate. When I was looking at cars I saw some skylines with 60-70K Kms but just looking at it I could tell that it was carelessly kept and driven. Paint was chipped in many places, scratches on side skirts and bumpers. Even with all that it was priced around $22K. What a load of crap.

Pay what feels right to you. 10-12K doesn't seem too much if the car looks and drives great. 200+Kms makes no difference to me.

I bought my manual 1993 model R33 GTS-4 (Non-turbo, 4WD) for $12,000 about 6 weeks ago.

It had 87,000kms on the clock which I believe to be genuine.

Interior was in the best condition I'd seen and exterior had almost zero scratches and just a bit of dust from storage. Engine was a bit dirty as it hadn't been cleaned for a while, but no leaks or signs of major wear.

Mind you it only had 1 month rego on it and had to change it over to nsw, all up cost $900 and I need new suspension for it now (although it passed a saftey check before I bought it and blue slip inspection).

Try to find one in good condition, even if it's more expensive because the cheaper ones can work out more expensive in the long run if you have to keep fixing problems..

I think I got a pretty good deal though, it'd been for sale for 3 months and the owner was originally asking $15,000 (which I've seen most GTS-4s asking).

Sorry if I missed it but is the car 2 or 4 door? Personally for an n/a auto with those km's I'd say around $10k? Does it have any service history? Just make sure you get it checked out before you buy and decide from that how much you are willing to pay for it.

Where are you buying the car from?

Hope that helps. Good luck.

R33's don't get any cheaper/worse than that.

This in theory should be the cheapest R33 ever.

Hes right, trust me. The car is prob worth in the 6-9 bracket. Your much better off spending an extra 5gran and getting a decent manual gts-t with lower kms. If thats out of your budget then either wait and save up or don't buy a skyline. You WILL REGRET it. For 6-9 gran u can buy much nicer cars than that.

Well I wasn't meaning to dis the car, just saying that as far as R33's go it's at the very very bottom of the barrel.

If it's in good condition and you get it for 10k'ish I'd say you've done well. You can do a lot worse for that amount of money.

Chances are it hasn't been thrashed either, although this is just an assumption.

Anything over 6k for that car would be a severe waste of money.

The fact that there are people in Australia who wouldn't lose sleep over paying 10 - 12k for that 'lowest of the low' R33's is testimony to what salespeople can get away with in this country... wake up people! In Japan these cars are looked upon as *shit* so why shouldn't we?

Edited by Rezz

its worth what ya prepared to pay for it if it seems sound mechanicaly and ya happy with it pay what you feel comfortable with .ant to some of the other guys not everybody wants a turbo and the cost and maintence that goes with them as for it been auto whats the big deal ? seen plenty of autos dust of manuals over the yrs .everyone buys a car of there choice cause of various reason to flame a guy cause he doesent want the same thing as you well good luck to him i say

its worth what ya prepared to pay for it if it seems sound mechanicaly and ya happy with it pay what you feel comfortable with .ant to some of the other guys not everybody wants a turbo and the cost and maintence that goes with them as for it been auto whats the big deal ? seen plenty of autos dust of manuals over the yrs .everyone buys a car of there choice cause of various reason  to flame a guy cause he doesent want the same thing as you well good luck to him i say

Do you realise it has 200ks and its n/a?

yes i realise that and if you mread the post again i said pay what you feel comfortable with i didnt tell him to pay whatever the was asking for and the end of that day any car including yours is only worth what some is willing to pay for it not nessarly what you thinks it worth