SAU Community

need opinions on rims...

XCUZME

People you're forgetting how expensive TE37s and such are, you're looking at ALOT of money for a set of 18's .....

george, get somethign with at least a bit if dish that doesnt look cheap and ricey (those vaults do look pretty cheap and ricey)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by [ryan]

People you're forgetting how expensive TE37s and such are, you're looking at ALOT of money for a set of 18's .....

george, get somethign with at least a bit if dish that doesnt look cheap and ricey (those vaults do look pretty cheap and ricey)

personally I'd rather stock rims than those chromies ;)

perhaps get the stock rims powder-coated white.

if you want chrome then go for it!

dont let other ppl decide for you, otherwise you will be disappointed in what you get.

you will regret it later and wish you picked the one you wanted.

i have 18'' chrome lexani's on mine and i love the look!!!

Originally posted by BY BY

George: please take note of whatsisname as he has awesome taste in wheels

;) Thanks dude. I've got Volk Rays on my R33 (not sure what model they are though?)

[ryan],

A v/good 2nd hand set of TE37's can be had for the same or less $$$ than big chromies! Munro picked up a set of 2nd hand TE37's a while back, not sure how much?

walkoau,

True, very true, ultimately the choice is up to George. If looks is all you're after in wheels then get whatever floats your boat. If less unsprung weight (& therefore better performance all round) is also desirable then you can't go past most of the Japanese aftermarket rims.

The first time I took one of my 17" Ray's off I just about threw it up in the air as I braced to lift what I though was a weighty wheel! It's so damn light I couldn't believe it!

the volks are nice, but they just arent me. maybe the habib inside of me is taking over.

and another thing, im not spending 4g for a set of 18s.

i might get a nice set of lightweight 17s to put on ocassionally and for track use, but really the way i see it im not going to bother with much more engine mods, so i may as well be a poser :P

a few of my mates have the vault chrome wheels, and they just look so good to me, and i can picture them on the car...

yeh as someone said, in the end im the one thats going to be living with the decision, so im etching towards the chromes...

/me drums fingers waiting for first pic to load :D:(

XCUZME, you gotta do what you want to do. It's good to get opinions...someone might come up with something really nice that u didn't think of....but at the end of the day, something like rims is such a huge matter of personal taste. As long as you like them that's all that matters, well i think so anyway :(

I'm not a huge fan of those type of chrome rims, but it all depends....

i think they look good on some show cars...not so good on a stock looking car....but that's just my opinion...

i like them on this s14 (not the same rims but close-ish...) hehe this is prolly someone u know ?

shell: thanks for that, youre very right and im not one to really listen to anyone else either, i just wanted to see what people think.

the rims on allryz are the different vaults, i personally like these ones better :D

int21h: nah, nice rims but i dont see it happening.

ae86: thats harrys car :P whats wrong with the mirrors when driving, looks cool :)

Personally i think wheels are a bit of a rip off considering that they are just some pieces of metal (of whatever type). You can almost get a full turbo upgrade and things for about the same price as 4 wheels and some tyres. Makes me wonder sometimes.

But then again, i need some rims for mine sometime :D

Guest JUNpowerYo!
Originally posted by predator666

Personally i think wheels are a bit of a rip off considering that they are just some pieces of metal (of whatever type). You can almost get a full turbo upgrade and things for about the same price as 4 wheels and some tyres. Makes me wonder sometimes. 

But then again, i need some rims for mine sometime :D

Not if the wheels are manufactured fto provide the least possible unsprung weight IMO...

personally I despise chromies but whatever floats your boat mang!!!

Exactly JUNpowerYo!

Like I said earlier, a quality performance alloy wheel isn't just about good looks! Reduced unsprung weight will improve every aspect of a cars on-road behaviour, a better power- to -weight ratio & improved handling are a few of the benefits.

• 6 months later...

Digging up an old thread but...

* What do stock 16" wheels weigh ? (approx)

* What do TE-37's weigh ? (approx)

* What do other 17-18" wheels weigh ? (approx)