SAU Community

Quick Car Question

I bought an N/A R33 for my third car and couldn't be happier, mate. Unless you're wealthy don't go for a turbo skyline, not only do companies gouge you on insurance, and with petrol prices rising so quickly these days pretty soon turbo cars will be unsellable relics... go the N/A R33 and it'll be fast enough for your needs, safe enough for you, and won't cost an arm and a leg to run, maintain or insure. To give you an idea of my fuel efficiency it costs me just over 10 litres to go 100km - the same as a lot of my friends 4 cylinder cars.

People on here say they are crap, but to be honest it depends on your priorities. If you're willing to sacrifice a lot just for the extra speed, then go for the GTST. Otherwise a N/A R33 is a good choice.

Lachie

It entirely depends on what you want to use the car for! If you are into the traffic light grand prix, or just like the shove in your back the turbos give, save and wait. If you want a stylish, reliable, good handling sports car and don't care so much for the straightaway, go the GTS and enjoy the fuel and insurance savings. Remember, you can have just as much fun in a corner in a GTS as in a GTST. That is unless you're into lurid power oversteer and torching tyres to oblivion at 130+ km/h.

I went option C, as suggested by 8OOSTED: R32 Skyline GTST

Whichever way you go, have fun! Skylines are great cars!

I went for ummm......hold on....cant see my option on the list :P

I went for Mr Stagea

But I have always had a soft spot for 4 door r32's :)

Lachie: since when do gts-t's cost an arm and a leg to maintain??? there not GTR's.... they cost as much to run as any other noaml car when it comes to maintanance, fuel isnt that much dearer than it is for anyone else either.....

i think save and wait, its worth it for a few thousand extra. and yes im being biast :P

i got a r33 gts-t

but my mates got a gts.. and he does pretty well in it, just works the top end a bit

if you want the car get it, just be mindful it will be hard to seel at the end of it... but all in all a bit cheaper then buying a cheap dodgy car (ah the proton for example) and splitting a block coz of your lead foot!

aight!? peace out!

after test driving a gts-t and a gts, your mind will definately be made up.

A GTS-t it will be!

As for hiking fuel prices, I always use 98RON fuel so I pay high prices but looking at it, I probably pay an extra $15 a week in fuel from 6mths ago. Im not that upset about fuel prices yet....

If it gets to a point where Im spending $50-$100+ extra a week on fuel, then I wont be happy :D

Until then my wage will pay the way....

If you cant afford to run a turbo, dont buy one.

Edited by _8OO5TED_

I'm 19 and I'm on my green P's. I recently bought an R33 GTS-4 (non-turbo 4wd). It's not insanely fast or anything but it does go alright. Other people who have driven it have enjoyed driving it. I really love my car and although after a ride in my mates R32 GTS-4 (turbo) I wouldn't mind a turbo skyline, I still wouldn't change my decision to buy a N/A skyline first. It's still a beautiful car, they can still sound great (or so I'm told, my exhaust is stock) and it still gets looks.

Where are you located, how much are you looking to spend? I'll keep an eye out for you.

Edited by cogs

i owned a gts before i bought the gtst, and i loved it. was quick enough, sounded awesome and was a bit of a head turner too.

had it for two years, and by the time i was ready for the turbo i knew exactly what i wanted. was an excellent car to practise working on if you havn't played much with cars, and would def recommend gettin one especially if you're on P's.

you can get very decent late model NA 33's for cheap, just stay away from auto's.

Jar: just going on what my GTS-T friends have paid on their replacement turbos and parts and so on, after they have been blown up by massive boosting :) Running a car on higher pressure and with more heat, fuel etc. will make it more susceptible to breakdowns. What i love about N/A R33s is that they have the tough turbo engine without the turbos and associated parts.

Altho i still had to pay $2500 in a lump sum for comprehensive insurance with Just Cars. :( For a nonturbo... So you need to shop around, its not automatically cheaper. And i'm not on my P's either.

Lachie