SAU Community

Top feed fuel rail for RB25DET

Hi guys,

I am about to replace my existing fuel rail with a top feed and replace the injector with 550cc.

My question is whether the injector spacing for the RB25 is the same as the RB26? I have the Greddy plenum and therefore can do a top feed rail, but in the interest of possibly saving money is it possible to use an RB26 fuel rail?

Any help will be appreciated.

See'ya:burnout:

Oh me, pick me!!!! Hi again... I've got a top feed fuel rail for my RB25... But i'm running GTR 444cc injectors... It was a custom fuel rail as well... I don't know if the RB26 rail will work, but i do know that the Greddy plenum is setup to take the standard RB25 injectors and rail and can also run a top feed system... If your interested send me a PM and i can tell you where and how much my fuel rail and injectors cost me, you'll be very suprised on how cheap it was....

Hmm, alot of people looking but no responses.

This might help a bit further.

I dont know for sure about the fuel rail, however the head casting is pretty much identical to the RB25 head, save different size bolts, and the RB26 head will bolt up to a RB25 block (or RB30 block), so I dont see how it would be possible for it not to fit???? The injectors would be in exactly the same spot.

How much could you reasonably expect to save by going GTR fuel rail?

Steve

Thanks for the responses guys, nice to know someone cares, haha.

I can get a RB26 rail for free so that is why it is an option, I have some 550cc injectors going in, I got them real cheap and the custom fuel rail is about $150-180. It's made from extruded aluminum, and they simply drill holes for the injectors, cap the ends and add inlets for the fuel.

MetBLUE_GTST, what plenum do have, a custom one?

Originally posted by GTS-t VSPEC

Thanks Merli,

Haven't seen you posting much, but I thought you would know. Do you think that there is much difference in fuel rail design, or will anything pretty much do?

Yeah, I just got home this morning, I spent the last two weeks in Japan for Tokyo Autosalon and got to visit a few workshops like Top Secret and stuff... I wasn't overly impressed by the workshop visits, but the calibre of cars at TAS has ruined me... You can take any random car from TAS and it would be a showstopper at one of our Autosalons :D

I think the main difference would be the internal diameter differences (and hence volume), and end fitting sizing... Unless you're shooting for 800-900hp, pretty much any off the shelf Jap fuel rail will do... It's an easy mod anyway... Get the stock RB26 one, and if it doesn't have enough volume and you get fuel surging, then upgrade it...

Merli,

Don't make me anymore envious than I already am, you lucky bastard.

Got any pics for the rest of us?

Yeah, I didn't think that it would make much diff, so I'll get the custom one done, it looks better and will flow more than enough to supply 500hp.

Thanks for the help.

We took more photos than I care to imagine... It will take me a good week to go through them all :D I'll post some good ones in due time...