SAU Community

Anti - 4wd/suv Discussion

DanR33

Keefy I aint stealing Josh he was my little toy boy to begin with.

As for the insurance part of things I actually worked in insurance for a while so I know why cars are expensive and others arent. Here it is:

Vehicles get graded 1-9. Grade 1 being a corolla, Grade 9 being a porsche. Now there is no general rule of thumb when it comes to grading a vehicle. There are many factors. Power, History, Availability of parts, Cost of repairs, etc all come into it. Here are some examples.

Subaru WRX - Grade 9... Subaru Liberty B4 Grade 7 - This is because of history. Both are same as far as power and parts but WRX have bad history of being stolen.

Skyline GTR, GTST & GTS non turbo all grade 9 because of availability of parts. Only other is non turbo and low pressure turbo (diesel) 4 door imports which are grade 5 or grade 4 if its a honda.

Mitsubishi Lancer coupe. Grade 6. Because of the large amount of young people driving them.

Ford XR6 and 8 both grade 8.

Holden Calibra - Grade 8 because holden do not carry parts for these any longer.

Toyota Corolla and Corolla Sportivo both grade 1 even though the sportivo has 41kw extra in the same car.

Heres the weird one - Commodore SS Sedan grade 5, Commodore SS Ute Grade 7.

The list goes on. You tell me what car ill tell u the grade withing + or - 1. I dont know how i can do it because the reasons are vast but i can.

As for 4WD's I dont quite get it. They are all over the place. Toyota pretty much all Grade 1. Most Nissans grade 4. And of course the BMWs and Mercs etc grade 6.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeh I dunno about the environment side of things.. my car has gutted its own cat and now the gas stinks... plus it runs absurdly rich so yeh: DIE MOTHERNATURE..

my car is fast becoming a track car.. but still used for daily driving..

Stupid 4WD going 10 under the limit today and it was difficult to overtake. Dickhead was one of those centre of the road huggers. Altho the lane is heaps wide they sit as close to the dividing lines as possible. Almost impossible to see past a stupid driver who does that when they drive a pajero!

on a lighter note - Dsturbd you should be happy. Was watching 5th Gear a few nights ago and they rated the xtrail the best 4WD under 20 grand (UK so not under 20k AU.) Apparently they reckon its a bit of a demon off road. Chopped the Rav4 which came 2nd. At least the Xtrail actually has off road skills not like the majority of urban 4WD's.

LoL. Hrmm... I think it's a subconcious thing, they don't know that it means wanker in spanish, but the name is very appealing to them! Thus the connection btw driver and errr... wanker. LoL

• 2 weeks later...

Free fuel wasnt on offer , came with free nudge bar n spot lights , roof racks , cargo mats

33k was with all the xtras i had fitted , tow bar , tint , bonnet n headlight protectors , floor mats and rims too , look lame with hub caps so had genuine nissan mags fitted :P

Pulling out of Ellenbrook on pinaster turning right onto gnangarra, the road is kinda wide but its only one lane. This morning was in the middle of the "ONE" lane and a CRV tried to pass me on the right. When they realised i was turning right they had to slam on their brakes but the front of their car was already up to my door. Then they immediately started blaming me for their stupidity. Like the countless times I've almost pulled out infront of someone turning right at a round a bout with no indicater, somehow thats my fault too? Just another example of 4WD soccer mums who use their car as a way of bullying people. Next time someone blames me for their stupidity/flashes their high beams at me because i overtake them when they are going 20 under the limit/be a general dickhead driver im going to come to a hault in the middle of the road, hop out and confront them.

Sounds good dan - I had a case on friday morning last week (9th), was just thru the collier road lights on the highway - heading towards the airport, there are 3 lanes, with the very outside 2 merging to one, I was in the VERY VERY outside lane just about past the merge when I saw an urban 4wd(Vitara or similar) flying down the lane next to me in my mirror - I then was already passed the merge point and they came up next to me - side by side in the one lane - Im looking across thinkin 'what the f**k?!?!' My car would have got smashed so I dropped back behind him and the next thing I see is the dude pounding his fist into his palm and looking at me in the mirror, So I think - I'll go pull up next to him to see what his problem is with me(I think I was supposed to have a problem with him at this point)(Oh also - the right hand lane was clear this whole time anyway...) I wind down my window - he winds down his - he starts making a pistol shape with his hand and pretend to blast me - he then says 'Your going to f**king die c**t - do you want to play games!!' I just say to him 'Learn how to drive mate' which I thought was fitting cos he was indonesian or something...(I'm not saying that all indonesians can't drive - just this one..at least...)

Was I in the wrong? I hadn't done anything wrong...

And that was my first death threat....

its really funny coz one time i had a guy yell insults then he thought i was following him but i was really just going the same way and he started getting scared. I think people are too quick to yell insults before they take a look at who's driving. I am almost 100kg with a shaved head so lets just say i aint ur average hairdresser chick driving a charade.