SAU Community

R33 Gtst Skyline Fuel Usage

:rolleyes: Im running a 95' R33 GTS-T with a Turbosmart Megasonic BOV fine tuned engine and im only getting 250kms max per tank..........I was running high boost but changed it to see if it makes a different, but not much. I only boost to no more than 10 psi, can anyone suggest if thats normal??

And since im here: Can anyone tell me about the safety mechenism where the doors auto lock when u hit a certain speed. My R33 doesnt do it unlike other ive seen.......... BTW im new

:P Im running a 95' R33 GTS-T with a Turbosmart Megasonic BOV fine tuned engine and im only getting 250kms max per tank..........I was running high boost but changed it to see if it makes a different, but not much. I only boost to no more than 10 psi, can anyone suggest if thats normal??

And since im here: Can anyone tell me about the safety mechenism where the doors auto lock when u hit a certain speed. My R33 doesnt do it unlike other ive seen.......... BTW im new

Hey azn_r33,

Does your speed limiter still work? It should hit the fuel cut at just over 180km/h. If that isn't working either you most probably blown a fuse. My cousin did it in his wiring up his ecu i think it was, anyway he didin't even know that it had happened until he showed us how fast it was going now and she just kept pulling.

Cheers,

Chris.

Hey azn_r33,

Does your speed limiter still work? It should hit the fuel cut at just over 180km/h. If that isn't working either you most probably blown a fuse. My cousin did it in his wiring up his ecu i think it was, anyway he didin't even know that it had happened until he showed us how fast it was going now and she just kept pulling.

Cheers,

Chris.

:D Hey Chris,

Havent actually gone that fast in it yet. Only had the car for bout 3 weeks now, its aweasome except for the fuel consumption. Once i do ill let u know.

Thanks, Atila

gidday fellas.

back in the day (this year actually... im on 18) i had a ford laser ghia. 1984 model.... thank god ive gotten rid of it com to think of it...

but i was always keeping an eye on the fuel consumption and i worked out that i was getting about 10kms per litre... and although i was driving the thing in the high revs (usually) and it had leaky piston rings (or whatever it is when the oil get burnt as well as fuel) thats pretty ineficient for a "girly" 1.5 litre engine... wouldnt you agree?

let me know what you think...