SAU Community

Defects

wallystyles

i had just knocked off work and drove home i pulled into my driveway and looked in my revesion mirror abd saw a cop car i hoped out and said what was the problem as i hadnt sped on the way home he just looked at me and licince please then he said lift the hood so i did and striaght away he lokked at my blow off vale looked at my inter cooler and my turbo and told me that i wasent allowed to have these on my car i told him it just got rebuiled and thats the way they builed them then he was looking at my tyres as i have a widebody kit with 335/35/17 on the back and he said there should be somthing on my car that tells you what size tyres you are suposed to have on your car then he said i needed to crash test my car i said what are you talking abot then he asked me if my car had air bags i said no i was arguing with him for a bit cause i think he didnt know what he was talking about cause he had to ring someone and ask about what he chould do so he write me out a ticket to go to the queensland transport forthem to look at suspect emisson control and suspect suspension modifications but then to make things worse he told me that he was going to tell all the officers about my car and where i live and that every time the see my car they will pull me over this is fu.ked up has any had this problem or somthing like it that could help me

here are my mods got gt35r turbo apexi pfc with hand controller front mount intercooler 2.5 inch exhaust do i need a mod plate

post-8385-1129018589.jpg

i had just knocked off work and drove home i pulled into my driveway and looked in my revesion mirror abd saw a cop car i hoped out and said what was the problem as i hadnt sped on the way home he just looked at me and licince please then he said lift the hood so i did and striaght away he lokked at my blow off vale looked at my inter cooler and my turbo and told me that i wasent allowed to have these on my car i told him it just got rebuiled and thats the way they builed them then he was looking at my tyres as i have a widebody kit with 335/35/17 on the back and he said there should be somthing on my car that tells you what size tyres you are suposed to have on your car then he said i needed to crash test my car i said what are you talking abot then he asked me if my car had air bags i said no i was arguing with him for a bit cause i think he didnt know what he was talking about cause he had to ring someone and ask about what he chould do so he write me out a ticket to go to the queensland transport forthem to look at suspect emisson control and suspect suspension modifications but then to make things worse he told me that he was going to tell all the officers about my car and where i live and that every time the see my car they will pull me over this is fu.ked up has any had this problem or somthing like it that could help me

here are my mods got gt35r turbo apexi pfc with hand controller front mount intercooler 2.5 inch exhaust do i need a mod plate

Attached thumbnail(s)

post-8385-1129030341.jpg

Edited by wallystyles

That was the hardest SINGLE sentence i've ever had to read....

Fullstops are your friend. After reading it i could'nt really tell what you were saying, but basically for most mods you need an engineering certificate to make them legal.

Some you won't be able to get engineered but probably have to talk to someone in the know to find out which ones.

get your car and your mods engineered, so that if this ever happens again, you can just flash the engineering certificate in the cops face and tell them to f*ck off!!! :) theres not much they can do then......

Edited by Frink

I rang the special mods number and was told after market ECU's are fine, as long as they don't make the emissions worse. This is the general gist of most of the modification rules, you can't change anything that causes a detrimental effect to factory emissions/safety features.

get your car and your mods engineered, so that if this ever happens again, you can just flash the engineering certificate in the cops face and tell them to f*ck off!!!  :)  theres not much they can do then......

Your naivety is so cute.

The cops can still hand you a defect notice regardless of if you have an engineering certificate or not. People seem to forget that what the cops issue is not an authoritive ruling that your car is not legal - its just that they suspect that the car may not be, and they would like someone to go check.

With an engineer's certificate they're less likely to hand you one, especially if you're being polite, but give them reason enough and they'll just write on the notice that they suspect your parts have been modified beyond the scope of what was certified originally (and, don't forget, they only have to "suspect" that its not compliant), or they've degraded since the signatory saw them (just like defecting a dead stock car) and chances are the notice will stick.

Of course, if you really give them attitude they could always "suspect you of doing burnouts", and under the burnout law (which requires no proof, just suspicion) they can impound your car instead of letting you drive it home.

Now that is PHAT...

easiest solution would probably be --umm.. sell your car to me and get yourself a commonwhore -- im sure they wont be pulling u over ever again.--LOL.

seriously -- sell your car to me and i'll get it engineered.-- im pretty sure you can get away with 17 rims but i dont know about the 335 wide then again they are cops -- i got defected for my tyres that was 2mm too big being a 265/35.-- WHAT THE HELL IS 2mm..?????

Depends on the engineer i guess.... For me its free cause my dad has an LB1 licience.... But for everyone else a mate at work got his auto/manual conversion inspected onsite at work and the paperwork done for $95... The guy who did it took about an hour to do it so i thought $95 was fair for an onsite....