SAU Community

Exhaust flames

skyline33

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how could this be done???

i posted a thread about how to do this a while ago i read somewhere, someone had a spark plug on the inside of their exhaust with a hose leaking fuel on demand

fuel + spark =:flamed:

pretty gau i think however :D

Flames popping out the exhaust is most likely due to an external wastegate that is dumped back into the exhaust system. You will need to remove the cat for this though.

Another option is to run rotational idle, this will give you a small fire popping out of the exhaust, you are unlikely to get any huge flames from the back unless you do something stupid, which I don't recommend.

See'ya:burnout:

Paul, give me your advice. I need a turbo, new manifold or keep it standard. Would like an external wastegate but the money to make a manifold is quite heavy. Unless you know someone??

Or could get some sort of drawing plan for some, cause i could quite easily do all the fabricating but I need a plan.

Hicks,

the best turbos are all external wastegate design, but these are for high horsepower. If you just want good power then you can go for a GT2835 (internal wastegate) , which will give you lots of power without the lag. I would still recommend a custom exhaust manifold, the original is very poorly designed.

If you a good with mild steel welding then I could get you a jig, which is a template to build manifolds, this would make it easy for you to build your own.

Removing cat is highly illegal and will lead to $10,000 (or there abouts, could have been $5,000, can't remember) fines if caught... Flamage is from anti-lag, not rotational idle as discussed in rotational idle thread...

In the old days an extra injector used to be fitted to the exhaust manifold and fired when anti-lag was needed... Now-a-days the ECU controls it all...

The computer measures the airflow at the beginning of the intake tract (assuming you're using a MAF system) and injects fuel accordingly. So when you shift and let off the gas, your turbo is still spinning and the excess air is vented through the blow-off valve. However the computer doesn't know that that air isn't going into the combustion chamber, so while the blow-off valve is going the mixture in the combustion chamber is very rich, thus letting a lot of unburned fuel into the exhaust, where it gets ignited by the hot turbine wheel. Hence flames on shifting.

J

Originally posted by GTS-t VSPEC

Hicks,

the best turbos are all external wastegate design, but these are for high horsepower. If you just want good power then you can go for a GT2835 (internal wastegate) , which will give you lots of power without the lag. I would still recommend a custom exhaust manifold, the original is very poorly designed.

If you a good with mild steel welding then I could get you a jig, which is a template to build manifolds, this would make it easy for you to build your own.

I could weld it up piece of piss, A monkey can weld mild steel.

Where would you get a jig from? Would they let you have one?

Originally posted by MIKGTR

Too easy in my car 

Step one: change fuel map to +30% rich

step Two: lower rev limit to 4000

step three: flat change at 3900rpm

result: fireball + mushroom cloud

scares the shyt out of tailgaters & pedestrians:D

is that through a safc, or what