SAU Community

Shoold We Nforse Proppa Speeling?

I am all for it. It would be interesting to see the relevant age of those that are for it; is it just an older persons gripe??? I ask this because I don't consider myself old, 23, but I am still a bit pre-mobile era, so I can actually re-call when it wasn't normal to have a mobile phone and talk like a retard. I think mobile phones are so intrenched in our society people are under pressure to use sms short hand otherwise they don't look cool or something, it's really annoying because its looks so lazy and stupid. Sorry for the rant but I am for the spell checker, and just wanted to see peoples opinions on the mobile era ruining the english language.

I'm 22 and it pisses me off. With dictionaries in phones it's not that hard to type out sms' anymore. The only reason to use short hand is so the message isn't to big. That isn't much of a problem on here.

I don't mind the odd abbreviation but things like the previously quoted post are a bit too much.

Had to edit this post because it didn't make sense when I read it a second time. Basically, I'm saying I'm all for the spell checker.

Edited by shyster