SAU Community

Skyline Or 180sx

Bo05t3d

i went through the same dilema, either a series 3 type x 180sx or a r33 series 2, i had previously owned an r33 and bought another one. I did not like the way the 180sx drove, and how the interior was cheap and flimsy and the chassis did not feel as stiff as the r33.

• 3 years later...

Personally i would go the R33 skyline than the 180, I drove my mates 180 and i didn't have that same feel as the skyline, it's your choice it's your car not mine

Here is my opinion because just like you, i love both. I was supposed to get type x 180 but in the end got r33 s2.

180sx:

Goods:

-Light car

-good on fuel

-easy to do up

-sexy pop up lights

-nice shape

-plenty of parts for it

-4 cylinder

Bads:

-Starting to show its age (shape and interior)

-interior is very basic and average

R33

Goods:

-Looks bulkier, newer as compare to 180sx

-Interior is 10x better

-6 cylinder

-sounds good!, you can hear it spooling etc

-bit more roomier

Bads:

-fueeel 11-12L/100km (not that bad tho!)

-lots of r33s around

At the end of the day, tough choice. I chose r33 but every now n than my mind goes wondering, even tho i would never let go of my skyline.

you do realise this is a thread from 2005........

but i have owned both and they are different cars. they are both about as fast as each other but totally different in how they deliver the power. 180 feels more sporty and power hits a bit harder. r33 has much more low down power so doesn't feel as fast as the power is there from the moment you open the throttle. the ride of the 33 is a bit smoother too. oh the the rb25 sounds better