SAU Community

Help Please

i would like to know where to either get nice firm coilovers or just spring and i would also like to know how to fix the rear camber

if any of u guys and girly know it would be a great help cheers

I think this might answer your questions, if not ask away....

I have arranged a Group Buy using Whiteline and Bilstein components and I have personally engineered the kits. There are Group Buys for R32GTST, R32GTS4, R32GTR, R33GTST, R33GTS4, R33GTR, R34GTT, R34GTR, Stagea Series 1 and 2. There are separate threads listed in the Group Buys section for each model.

A quick story on what everything does in the kit and why I have engineered it that way;

Shocks and springs are pretty obvious, I have chosen the Bilstein shock valving to match the spring and stabiliser bar rates. So they have good sporty ride, not uncomfortable and still give great handling.

If you are going to lower your car (and who isn't?) you are going to need some camber correction, otherwise you are going to wear out the inside of the tyres. This is due to the excessive negative camber that happens to Skylines when you lower them. Details follow;

Standard (new) height is 380 mm (centre of wheel to guard)

360 mm needs only the standard rear camber adjusters

350 mm needs 1 front camber kit and 1 rear camber kit

340 mm needs I front camber kit and 2 rear camber kits

Stabiliser bars are THE best bang for buck handling upgrade you can do. And you can fit them easily yourself.

Skylines NEVER have enough caster. That's why they wander at speed and understeer on turn in, not enough caster.

You could leave out the rear subframe alignment kit, if you are short on cash, but it is only ~$100 and takes 10 minutes to fit. Plus most Skylines are getting on and the standard rear subframe bushes need all the help they can get.

Just to make it clear I don't make any money of what you buy, I got paid for doing the engineering of the kits. So I don't really care whether someone buys a whole kit or not, I am just letting you know why each component is there in the kit. If I could have left out some parts I would have, but I couldn't.

Hope that was of some help

:( cheers :)

Edited by Sydneykid