SAU Community

Hicas Light Stays On

my mate asked me the other day, why his HICAS light stays on when he is driving!

i have no idea!!

does anyone know wot this could indicate or wot this means!!

help would be greatly appreciated!!

im pretty certain his car has the HICAS lock...

cheers guyz...

Mine too, i'm not sure. I will try and sort it out this weekend.

I don't have the power steering hooked up at the minute, although may it just be the fuse or I can be far from it I onlt just drove my 32 for the first time the other day and have barley looked at it.

Wal

If he has a HICAS lock bar then that is the reason why the light is still on. You've removed the HICAS Rack from the car and it's telling you that there is a problem. Just pull the globe out of the back of the dash and you'll be fine

If he doesn't have the HICAS lock bar in and is still running the factory HICAS Rack in the car then he should take it to Nissan and get them to check it on the Consult to see what the problem is

There are so many reasons why the HICAS light can come on, and it can be a real pain to get rid of. Some really strange things have been known to set it off. Try simple solutions like topping up fluids, checking fuses etc. When my light came on, I just topped up the fluid reservoir (which wasnt THAT low) and it went off again.

thanks guys, yeah my hicas has been locked out electronically, so i have been told..... i definatley know its been locked out!! i may just pull the globe, seems like the easy way to fix it!! as hicas isnt being used!!

thankyou guys!!

cheers

my advice to u is, take it to an auto-electrician, preferably to nissan themself, but b4 you do that chek the fuse, if the fuse is blown then u cant do anything else urself coz thers about 20 components and about 50 wires u have to chek with a multi-metre yourself before you find the faulty component, i know from experience as this happend to my Honda Prelude Si 4WS, i spent about a day trying to find the faulty component, failed miserably, took it to honda and the guy found it in less than ten minutes, it was a wire that had been cut sumhow, so ye take it to nissan or sum other auto electrician