SAU Community

Importing An R34 Gtr

Im gonna try convince my old boy that he needs to get himself an R34 that some of his mates at work showed him the other day online.

Do you have to get legit Brembo brake pads and brand new tyres when you bring the car in intially? What sort of cash are Brembo pads worth?

Any info would be great so I can try convince him that he really needs a 34. Reckon he's only have interested cos he thinks he'll be quicker than my 32 GTR!!!!

Brake pads and or rotors dont have to be changed if they are still good ( must be better than 50% left on pads and rotors within specs ) . It must have stock pads/rotors not aftermarket , front pads about $1000 from Nissan .

The car must be all stock to comply, no aftermarket parts and no previous body damage/rust unless on bolt on panels . New stock size tyres ( 245x40x18 ) on stock gtr rims 18x9 , even if it has new tyres fitted in japan you still need new tyres !

Edited by wrxhoon

I'm sure if you go through a workshop that know's the guys at the RTA you could get by with a couple of things, mine had a couple of little panel dings (that still haven't been fixed) and they didn't seem to have an issue.. Just put some stock tires on than take them off when finished.. Borrow some off someone..

Depends on how you want to do it.. personally i'd want everything up to spec..

R34 GTR's cannot be complied with Xenon Headlights. You need to put the non-Xenon's in. Some dodgy places will convert the Xenon to a non-Xenon light and get passed it that way but that is THE biggest waste of good Xenon lights I've ever heard of. Just put the Non-Xenon's in for compliance and then swap them back to the Xenon's after.

They cannot be complied with Xenon's because they are not self adjusting. They are only manually height adjustable. ADR's specify that Xenon or HID Headlights must be automatically height adjustable.

• 3 weeks later...

Wouldn't it be nice to see the Fed Government put funding into developing systems to ensure old crap heaps are removed from the road than checking to see that fundamentally 'new' cars fitted with a particular brand of brake pad, rotor and tyre!

when i complied my own car. I had most of the mods taken out and returned to stock. My mods are returned to me in the end.

Nobody tell me that. I saw it myself with my own eyes. Unless you got ripped by your compliance shop.

BL01, you complied your own car? So you're a compliancer?

The law says the non compliant parts that don't meet ADR's or haven't been tested have to be disposed/destroyed. Whether it happens and if you end up with em again is totally dependant on how leniant and/or how daring the compliancer is willing to be. Some compliancers sell the parts back to you at a hugely discounted rate ($1 etc) just to be semi legal.

Its totally within the compliancers rights to tell you that you won't get your Xenon's back as they aren't ADR compliant.

when i complied my own car. I had most of the mods taken out and returned to stock. My mods are returned to me in the end.

Nobody tell me that. I saw it myself with my own eyes. Unless you got ripped by your compliance shop.

[/quote)

When you get your car complied , the raw usualy converts your xenons to halogens , even if the compliencer gives you back the balasts ( they should destroy them like funky said ) you cant reconvert because they use the existing globe fiting to fit a halogen globe in it . You cant take the halogen globe out and fit the xenon globe back in because the fiting is modified and the xenon globe wont fit back in .

I never got ripped off by anyone , i have a 34 gtr with xenons that comply with adr ( self leveling and washers fitted ) .