SAU Community

Any Good Car Loan Companies?

ORACLe__

hey everybody,

soz if this has been discussed on here before but is there any good car loan companies you guys would recommend?? also, do u know wot the policies and shit are?? like, age, job status, money status?? (etc)

Thanks...MaTT

Most loans will require Full Comp insurance, and if your young it can be around the $4000 mark. Save your pennies, and buy a car you can afford. Skylines are not exactly cheap to maintain if something does arise.

Cheers

Sumo

i am only 19 had 8g's as deposit on car and have to earn at least 400 a week...got loan off ge auto finance through aussie auto loans for r33 skyline....you need to produce proof of income....also if car is too old u wont get finance from most companies...mine is 97 r33

OR

you could buy an R31 and drive it until you can afford something else

cars cost money, not just to buy, but to maintain:

- insurance

- rego

- petrol

- servicing

- accident damage (90% change that this will occur with your first car)

- any problems that occur --> who knows you might need a rebuild or a new clutch in the first 6 months

go have a chat to your parents about this and i'd be very surprised if they recommended that you get a loan for this kind of car at your age...

of course you can take or leave this advice, but i highly recommend to strongly consider this as one of your best options

cheers,

Warren

warren is pretty much right.

just save ur ass off - thats what i did.

your better off paying upfront and 100% than paying off some stupid loan while you waste money modding it.

my 2c, it'll take a little longer - but imo its better in the long run.

It will be my second car, im currently drivin a 93 Laser GL, lol, it gets me from A to B and is very good on petrol, my job is like 3km from my house...but, my car has alot of kilometres on the clock, and im affraid it wont last like past next march (eek) so i was thinkin wen im 18 get a loan and get the car i want, (R32 GTS-T). i intially wanted a silvia/180...then to step up to a Skyline, then i thought, i may aswell, get a skyline?? wot do ya reckon?

should i sell me car? then get 1 thats a bit better (lower Kms...maybe a Swift GTi) then keep saving for a skyline or wat? im stuck?? its like a gamble with me car...

If i sell me car now, ill have like 6G or a little more....

plz help...

thanks MaTT

have you considered the scenario that you sell a prefectly good and working car for a car that may have its own set of problems?

most skylines aren't in the best of condition and have their own problems that the owner is trying to get rid of

i know its probably not what you want to hear, but your laser is great on petrol and quite reliable.. i know as my girlfriend has one just like it (a 92 model). plus i don't think they are quite worth the 6 grand that you have predicted..

what are your real reasons for wanting to sell it? is it just for the sake of having a newere car and that you're bored? or that you just want something 'cooler'?

for the sake of paying off a car loan for the next 10 years, is it really worth it?

Warren.

have you considered the scenario that you sell a prefectly good and working car for a car that may have its own set of problems?

most skylines aren't in the best of condition and have their own problems that the owner is trying to get rid of

i know its probably not what you want to hear, but your laser is great on petrol and quite reliable.. i know as my girlfriend has one just like it (a 92 model). plus i don't think they are quite worth the 6 grand that you have predicted..

what are your real reasons for wanting to sell it? is it just for the sake of having a newere car and that you're bored? or that you just want something 'cooler'?

for the sake of paying off a car loan for the next 10 years, is it really worth it?

Warren.

Nar, i have like 3G atm, then im hoping for like 3 or less for me car.

I want a new car, as i wish to go faster, and im interested in R32's...

I predicted, that by start of Feb next year, if i sell me car, i should have about 10G (with me current job)....i could get a 5G loan of me parents maybe?? and get like a 14G R32 Skyline??

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

thanks

Generally need to be 18 to get the loan in your name, usually need a full time job (Part time should be ok if you’ve been there for a while) and need to be employed for a minium of 3 months.

I wouldn’t get a car loan, get a personal loan, thus you can spend the money on what ever, and you wont need full comp insurance. You also need money in the bank to prove you can “save”.

You can only borrow x% of what you earn, x% change’s person to person IE: living status, what your out going costs are and so forth. They also take into account the what if factor of interest rates going up when the work out the x%.

If you are clearing $300per week, pending your living status and what your out goings are you should be able to borrow $15k roughly over a long term.

Best bet would be to just go in and put in a application and see what happens, I’m only 19 and have something like $30k borrowed, but I’m on an ok wage plus commission, can afford more then the weekly repayments and are able to write the interest and the depression value of the car off on tax.

Edited by Nismo_Boy