SAU Community

What's Going On With Everyones Cars?

phat_r33

Had the R31 stolen from outside of our house 2 nights ago (tuesday night)

Very stressful, especially with an exam the next day

Police rocked up and took down some info (luckily a mate in town spotted it and we passed that onto the police, not that they did much about it)

Got a call Wednesday morning and it had been found in Hobart! and seems to be in good condition

Now insurance are going to look at it and make sure everything is ok

Really not what i need during exam period, also heading to Qld on sunday so i have no idea what im going to do about getting the car back.

Pretty happy the didn't torch it tho

Haha, how do you manage to store all these cars?!

Also, we recently bought your old black R32 shell off Daniel, and I was wondering if you would happen to have the import papers by any chance?

PM me if you want, I tried to PM you but couldn't for some reason :)

Haha , few here , few there , no joke i have lost cars before lol (and found them again ) . That black shell was registered previously in tas so it doesn't need import papers , just a sales receipt and pit pass :) , now i think of it though , i vaguely remember the vin wasn't stamped on the strut tower , you would need to get that stamped , you can check the vin with service tas in memory by ringing them , it will start with 6u9000 then the factory vin , the ais station that originally passed it needs a smack on the fingers for not doing it

Ok awesome, yeah it does need the VIN stamping on the strut tower, I remember Daniel mentioned it when we bought it off him. Not 100% sure if we're going to register it yet but it would be nice to have the option to in the future.

I see Peter tagged you in the photo on Facebook so I assume you know it still has the yellow guards :) I actually saw your yellow 4 door today with the black guards on it so if you want to swap that would work out well, although I will say the paint on the left hand side is a bit poor, not sure if it was like that when you had them or not.

Ahh yep , it's definitely a complied shell . Yes i would like to swap front guards (get the missuz off my back about painting it lol) , the black ones on the yellow car are average too , the right one has a couple dings and the left one has a hole cut out for an indicator , my ph is 0419552441 if your interested in swapping :)