SAU Community

Conditional Registration

NZM.031

hey all,

was talking to a mate the other day and he was getting his VH burnout/drag car conditionally registered, through the street machines club that he is in, meaning that his fully prepared street drag vh can be driven on the road, on sundays, no blue slip, no eng. cert. this is how things like lawnmowers, tractors, forklifts, old cars etc. can be driven on the road.

im thinking of doing this with my r31 as i dont drive it except for weekends and would be so much easier to deal with the law enforcement as they basically cant do shit from what ive heard, as i want to make the thing a pig

can we get this through the sau club?? or does anyone know how we can get sau in the game so we can do this.

cheers

Linton

Very interesting timing Linton...SAU NSW is currently underway registering with the RTA as a historic vehicle club which allows club rego, what your friend has :)

However there is an age limit for historic rego, I am not sure what it is yet but I'm pretty sure an R31 will not be old enough.

BTW there is another type of conditional rego, Rally rego which is what I have on my GTR. ALso no engineers cert, mods are ok as long as they are roadworthy with an inspection station. Car car only be used for competing, driving to compete, practice, or driving to workshops.

shows are included if they are run under a CAMS permit, ie competing at an event. luckily the SAU show n shine is run under a CAMS permit so I could take my car.

Same goes for cruises run under CAMS permits they are OK for Rally Rego too :O

so a twin turbo early modded commodore or somthing like that can be conditionally rego'd if it's in a cam's rego'd club????? but an import can do the same under a rally rego??????untill sau pulls the finger out ????????lol

so a twin turbo early modded commodore or somthing like that can be conditionally rego'd  if it's in a cam's rego'd club????? but an import can do the same under a rally rego??????untill sau pulls the finger out ????????lol

You're more than welcome to pull your finger out and put some time into helping the club organise it if you like :(

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registration/con...tion/index.html

thats the link i was reading from, it doesnt say anything there about rally rego, or an age limit to vehicles, it just says purpose built and recreational vehicles.... i think drifting is a recreational sport isnt it??

anyways, thanks for your input guys, any more help would be appreciated.

basically the 31 is going to be a monster NA RB30, its more something for me to tinker with than drive...thats just what i do. but id still like to be able to drive it on cruises, to drift days, etc.

its an 87' which isnt much older or classical than a vh commonwhore.

anyways, ill try and find out as much as i can.

cheers

Linton

Hey Linton, good timing I heard back about this today, thread is posted up here: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...showtopic=91442

There are multiple types of conditional rego and SAU is currently only eligible for Rally use. We are underway getting Historical use per the link I posted.

We have got Rally rego on our GTR, you basically need a CAMS log book, then get an inspection from a CAMS scruitineer for roadworthyness. Then you pay a regular rego fee. The benefit is that you can legally have a full cage, lowered suspension, bonnet pins etc etc etc. The downside is you can only drive to events, practice or workshops and you need to get a permit every time you drive. Not that that slows us down.....one week we got 4 permits in 8 days lol.

They are the only useful types for us, the others that allow tractors or forklifts etc aren't relevant.

You're more than welcome to pull your finger out and put some time into helping the club organise it if you like :angry:

if i think i could i would!!!! how ever going by my question in my last post i know nothing (either) about all this, but i am interested.

didnt mean it in a nasty way kel. i do know or could imagine how long and involved something like this is, so good luck sau. you to linton.

cheers Duncan... ill be talking to my mate again at tafe on thursday, so ill see how he went and what conditions he got told.

does practice include winding mountain roads at 3am?? hehehe, jokes!

cheers

Linton