SAU Community

Help Liscence

32GTRB

hey guys im doing my HSC now as well, wish you guys the best of luck. though its off topic i was wondering if you could give me some tips on how to buy used cars. my parents are really fobby so no help there, and im going to check out some r33's in november. basically i wanted to know about rego and how long the buying process takes. my mum said 2 months so i don't believe her. GRK since we're sorta similar could you give me some advice on how to go about it.

thanks

Hehe yeahh pretty similar we are.. the buying process can take about couple of weeks not a couple of months.. your mum is just trying to turn you off buying a car trust me, my mum would do the same but it's not workin lol.. Rego for me on an R32 GTR will cost about $600 i think not positive, the owner will know what to do and would tell you how to do it, if not do it himself to put the rego into your name if it comes with it already.. But yeah if you have the money for the car then you can have the car within 2 weeks.

P.S. Before you buy the car get it inspected!! and if you can get the engine compression tested at a performance workshop?? to make sure everything is running good and it wont blow on you!!

Edited by GRKGTR

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks GRK. i was thinking of bringing my friend who owns a supra along to check out the engine as well as do the test drive, i can't really drive manual lol. 2 weeks thats excellent, still sucks though, i was hoping i could get it in time to take it to my formal. by the way are you getting compo insurance? i made a quote with just cars and they said 3.5k, thats too expensive. has anyone got any advice on other alternative companies. i hear famous cars or wateva is good but there located in western australia? cheers

thanks GRK. i was thinking of bringing my friend who owns a supra along to check out the engine as well as do the test drive, i can't really drive manual lol. 2 weeks thats excellent, still sucks though, i was hoping i could get it in time to take it to my formal. by the way are you getting compo insurance? i made a quote with just cars and they said 3.5k, thats too expensive. has anyone got any advice on other alternative companies. i hear famous cars or wateva is good but there located in western australia? cheers

Hehe, insurance at our age will always be expensive unless your dad owns an insurance company lol.. but aparts from that for my insurance i'll be paying about $4000-$4,500, but it's worth it because if you really want a turbo car then you have to be prepared to pay otherwise your not gonna be happy especially with petrol prices soaring but none of that is going to stop me getting my dream car.

thats expensive. just cars quoted me 3.5k. i posted in the general section too and someone said that red p platers can't buy turbos. is that true?

For me it's not that expensive considering i want a GTR, only because idiots on the road make the insurance go higher because of their constant accidents and insurance jobs that they do, and i know one of them.

No that is not true, if you got your license before July 11th then you can drive turbo and have no restrictions but if you got your license after that date then your restricted to no turbo and some other types of cars. I got my Ps in very late january and i'm all fine, no restrictions what so ever :(.

thats expensive. just cars quoted me 3.5k. i posted in the general section too and someone said that red p platers can't buy turbos. is that true?

nope thats wrong.. new P platers CAN buy turbos and v8s BUT they cannot DRIVE it. Hence insurance wont insure new P platers... As they cant legally drive the car.

Then again whats the point in buying a turbo car when u cant drive it. :(