SAU Community

Hks 2530 Bigger? What Will I Need?

DriftSquad

iv been reading through alot of posts about the HKS 2530...

im building my car for drift so i want a responsive turbo..

is this turbo 2 small? if so what do u recomend?

what do u think about the gt28rs? will this bult up and is it any better?

also does the hks turbo bult up? manifold and 2 the dumps?

I had a cefiro with RB20 and i used to drift it quite a bit. It had 200rwkw with a highflowed RB25 turbo and close to factory boost response. it wont matter if you have a bit of lag as long as the power delivery is nice and smooth not kick you in the ass when boost comes on.

Also i would have liked about 10% more power than i had so if you can get that with a 2530 go with it. after all 220rwkw is quite a lot of power in an r32.

yep if it was me and for drifting i would go for the 2530.

just my 2c worth ;)

The gtrs can make around 250 rwkw on a RB25. it is officaly rated at around 350hp on this chart I have but it obviously makes more!

The 2535 is defineately not a waste of time they are awesome! They will also be cheaper than a GT-RS as they are an older model

I would love a GT-RS for my car but I will probably end up with a 2530 or 2535 just due to the value for money offered by them!

Edited by Bunta

2530 will bolt straight up providing you get the right flange (T3?)

I have spoken to many people about this and they say that a 2530 is about the best turbo for an RB20 for drift, it has phenomenal midrange... I would like to fit one to mine, I just need the cashola..

Use the search function for lots of previous threads.

Go to turbobygarrrett.com for their specs, and try also hksusa, or hks japan.

The CHRA for 2530 and GT28RS is very similar (minor spec update for the newer DiscoPotato compressor wheel), but only the HKS product has a T3 inlet / 6 bolt outlet turbine housing for straight bolt-up to RB series.

If you've got an SR, then Garrett can be very helpful.

Try surfing this board a little for lots of comments/experiences.

that site dont work?? i think ill do the 2530! so this bolts to the manifold and the dump? and i need to buy 1 for a T3 flange? any 1 know sites with imported performance parts i can look at? new and used? thanks!

Go the 2530, it's an excellent turbo, will bolt in as a straight turbo replacement (maybe some minor oil/water line mods). I hae seen this turbo pump out 267rwkw on an R33 GTS-t, or you could go the hi-flow route and get an r33 turbo highflowed, both will have the same response, alternatly you could even contact garret and see if they will make you a t3 flanged gt28rs that'll bolt up. All turbo's should make around 220rwkw wich is enough for drift and they have a good power band, the better you set up the chassis the less power you will need, to a point. Try searching the for sale section, there's a 2530 going in there at the moment or post up in the wanted to buy section for what you want, failing that try contacting one of the site sponsors, they'll have what you need most likely.