SAU Community

Hks 2530 Bigger? What Will I Need?

DriftSquad

Cams, racefuel, nitrous and 600psi should do it.

Funny you say this. I spoke to another mate who has a dyno dynamics dyno, and he said you know how my dyno reads high, i said yeah, the barometer was out. He said everytime they checked the dyno for accurateness, they never checked the air temp. So everytime he ran the dyno it corrected itself to read in the snow, hence reading high numbers. Weird but true.

What about a GT-RS..same boost response as a 2530 with almost the same power potential as a 2540 (10kw less on the test car)

absolutely incorrect. the GTRS has nowhere near the same response as a gt2530, there are plenty of dyno charts that are floating around on the silvia forums to show that it is quite laggier then the 2530.

your statement is something everyone was running around claiming when the GTRS first came out, on sr's without cams the turbo wont even make as much power as a 2530 and will be laggier as well

for a 2L i recommend the 2530, for 2.5rb 2530 is good. you will only get 10-20rwkw more with the 2535 over the 2530 in top end, but you sacrifice down low, and for an already laggy rb20, i would rather response then 10rwkw extra up top

for a 2L i recommend the 2530, for 2.5rb 2530 is good. you will only get 10-20rwkw more with the 2535 over the 2530 in top end, but you sacrifice down low, and for an already laggy rb20, i would rather response then 10rwkw extra up top

Yes that sounds tru,i have a GT2535 and would like some more pulling power down low.It hits hard at 4000rpm and i love it but yer midrange is where id like more.

Yes that sounds tru,i have a GT2535 and would like some more pulling power down low.It hits hard at 4000rpm and i love it but yer midrange is where id like more.

Funny you say this, but i ran a guy (from the forums) who is only running 14psi, 2535, RB25 producing 244rwkw. We had roll on runs and everytime i beat him quite easily with my 2530,19psi setup. Mid range there was simply no contest even if he jumped me i would still come past.

absolutely incorrect. the GTRS has nowhere near the same response as a gt2530, there are plenty of dyno charts that are floating around on the silvia forums to show that it is quite laggier then the 2530.

your statement is something everyone was running around claiming when the GTRS first came out, on sr's without cams the turbo wont even make as much power as a 2530 and will be laggier as well

Ok I cant comment on the response, As it was compared to a 2540 not a 2530, (And it was alot more responsive than the 2540at 4000rpm it was up by 44%)but I have dyno graps that show the GTRS Makes only 10kw @ the wheels less than a 2540 wich would but it quite in front of the 2530 in the topend stakes. The only reason I suggested the GTRS is because this guy seemed interestend in having some more power up high than usual other wise I agree that the 2530 seems unbeatable for mid rage response.

Also in my first post I should have ball park boost response with the 2530 not the same that was me typing with out getting my meaning across clearly.

Is it fair to say that for this range of turbos the GTRS does the best job of melding decent response good mid range and good top end???

Edited by Bunta

Some of you should realise that there are 2 kinds of GT-RS's. The ones that go on the SR's are slightly smaller than the ones that go on the RB25's (and RB20 if someone were to do that).

A GT-RS on an RB20 would be way too laggy IMO.

the gtr twin gt-rs's are smaller than the rb25 gt-rs turbo much like the 2530's for the gtr in twin form are smaller than rb25 single hks2530, pretty mcuh as bob said, im not sure if the sr20 and twin gt-rs are same size though