SAU Community

Nrma N.s.w

BIKES

hey guy's!!!!! i know most of you can't/wont use N.R.M.A to insure your car's how ever you guy's may have had this problem especially in the hunter area where we have this new policy of inter-net quotes of a repair.

you guys may know about this?? i have a friend that ran up the but of a fwd, and the only place that would repair her car was in sydney and she had to send it away for 2 weeks!!! because most of the repairers in the hunter will not associate/deal with the N.R.M.As inter-net quotes, as they are ridiculous.

Yeah, that's right - some stupid sh!t where the said insurer assumes a proper evaluation can be done on a damaged car through photos posted on their internet site, or some such nonsense.

Then a number of different repairers get to "tender" a quote for the cheapest (and not necessarily the BEST) repair, which is where the whole debate is stemming from.

How does an insurer really know if a repair is going to be done properly when it's not assessed properly (i.e. in the metal) in the first place?!?!?

Our local preferred smash repairer refuses to do work for them now, so when my old man's car got reversed into a few weeks back, we had to send it somewhere else. Lucky for us the other place also has a good reputation, but who's to know that we can all be this lucky?

Nick T.

thats sounds a little harsh.... i hate the NRMA they are very very expensive and dont offer anything that cannot be matched if not beaten by rival companies....

they quoted me $9000 for 1 year insurance on my 1996 R33, that is over the top, just car gave me it for $1500.

Yeah it true i ..just got my parent car repair that way too ..nrma wont let us send it to our local repairer..they took it to their ....they send a inspector around to look at the damage and take some photo and put on the internet for a quote...............dam...bugger

it just goes to show when, even some of the best repair shops that have been members and doing repairs for years for the NRMA now wont even deal with them anymore. so if they cant look after there employees (repair shops) there sure as hell not going to look after us. i mean what's next???? if your hurt are they going to start doing quotes on us for new parts and have there own human meat truck.

the NRMA expects repairers to make a assessment via pictures....just think about how stupid that actually is. if a repairer quotes $3000 and is given the job and later finds out that it will cost double that to fix the repairer is the one who pays and loses money

also all the expensive, and normally the best, smash repairers wont be given any more jobs under this scheme because the cheapest quote gets the job. so all the people under NRMA will get crappy repair jobs

When my other car was written off a few weeks ago (truck u-turned point blank and our car rolled) the NRMA lost the wreck!...

It went to the towing depot, then disappeared between there and the salvage yard :rolleyes: that was about a week ago and they hadn't found it last time I spoke on Tuesday.

But with regard to the whole making an assessment based only on pictures, they can always ask for more pictures to look at an area of interest. When the assessor rocks up in person, they do the same anyway - they are almost as likely to miss hidden damage in my opinion. Well maybe I'm talking out my ass, I probably am, but it is cheaper for the NRMA to send pics to a lot of repairers rather than send an assessor to only one workshop.

That said, I was pretty scared that the internet assessor would decide to repair the car.

The whole tendering process is for financial reasons as we all know and they're always out to 'economise' and so on. Remember when we were told bank fees would go down as these new "ATM's" would mean less tellers employed? Then the bank stings you for an ATM fee! wtf!? And now some of them are charging online transaction fees! WTF!? That has knobs on it. Sorry about going off-topic.

But with regard to the whole making an assessment based only on pictures, they can always ask for more pictures to look at an area of interest. When the assessor rocks up in person, they do the same anyway - they are almost as likely to miss hidden damage in my opinion.

this whole nrma thing is disastrous for the industry, im in the parts business and it is impossible to assess damage through a picture. theres a hell of alot of parrts that sit behind the panels or under the car. chassis could be twisted and reo's bent that are impossible to pick up in a picture.

i know plenty of smash repairers feeling the pinch.. i guess its just another way of nrma trying to monopolise the market, by getting a cheap bodgy job done for minimal $$$ they can charge less on there premiums

it just sucks that you want a repairer to fix your car cause you know/herd of them doing a good job (local) and cause your insured with these assholes you cant!!!!!! instead you have to wait for a cheap bodgy job, buy who know's?? some ones shed!!!

Edited by BIKES