SAU Community

Importing Companies

nelleh

Hey guys Im new to the boards and this is my first post! Woot!

Im importing an R33 to hopefully get into the country late January.. I've had a look and had a chat to a few different business but was wondering what kind of importing experiences everyone else has had ?

Experiences, stories, suggestions, advice, business names and feedback would be greatly appreciated! :(

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you cannot go past paul at autoworx in wangara

got my car through him, highly recommend him... so have many ppl i know including friends

he is the only import place in perth at least that i have not heard dodgy stories about. seriously dont go anywhere else

he also has quality guarantees on his vehicles, so if ur not happy with the condition he will refund your money

yeah i agree with mirkz, theres heaps for sale here and at least u can see the condition of the car and drive it before u buy it. private sale prices here are pretty good (if not cheaper than importing) if u look around and are patient. i was originally going to import one in myself but ended up finding one here. autoworx seems pretty good though, thats where my car came from originally. the previous owner bought my car from there for over $20k, i bought it less than a year later for $16K. the guy at autoworx seems pretty honest, if i was going to import a vehicle id probly go through him. my last bit of advice is to look at plenty of cars before you buy, theres quite a few sh*tboxes around...

Mirkz, Lower Kms than I've seen around and I want it stock... I've looked around for private and at yards but I havent seen what Im after yet..

Cheers guys I've talked to both companies both have their pro's and cons :( Thanks :(

I'm currentlyimporting my r34 with Paul at autoworx (www.autoworx.com.au) he garauntees the car will be compliancable when it gets here.

Although if it has unforseen mechanical problems you will need to pay for.

So far he's been great to deal with, put up with me being picky on what I bought too.

Car should be delivered to him today for compliancing so I can give more info in 2 weeks when I have the car.

I think the boat that had my car on it also had several r33s for Paul to sell in his lot, maybe he has what you're looking for already.

Daniel, Yeah I went and met Paul and had a chat a few weeks back. Maybe I might pop in again and check them out, thanks! The only thing with autoworx that worried me was having to do the run around and pay bits here and there rather than in one lump sum?

I purchased a R33 GTS-t from auctions through Paul, had him comply it ready for licensing.... Its been on the road for a couple of months now without a single problem.

He is the best person for the job when it comes to R33s, and believe me, the price you will pay for the car on the road will be ALOT cheaper than buying a stock one from here.

So far I've had to pay the guy in japan for the car, pay customs broker for doing all my customs stuff and I gave Paul $1000. And a final payment when I pick it up after compliancing.

Not too bad really, was spread out of a couple of months for me too :D

I'd say shop around as most of these guys dont actually go to Japan and rely mostly on the same Japanese agents. Most of these agents buy under a Grading system which is still not 100% fool-proof.

Either way, you have Phil, Danny Fishcer, Pau;l and recently Jap Parts for the R33 plates.

G'day man, i know it's not the advice your after, but i would highly reccomend you have a look locally, there are heaps of cars for sale, and the market has taken a real dive recently, I got my car, a 1995 gts-t, really cheap, good cond, with mods. . .

it's my second import, the first one was from a dealer, fresh from Japan, and i know what you mean about wanting a fresh, stock one, but i don't think i'll buy from a dealer again. better value for money privately. . .

it's your choice dude

Let me give u a rough impression. 120k r33 GTS-t. Panel scratches (keyed), average condition, with minor mods, exhaust , bov and pod filter. Went for 12K. When they state that the car imported is at 60k or 80k. Do you believe it? for a 10 yr old car to do 6k/yr or 8k/yr. Is it really possible? LoL. Think about it, it's a SKYLINE, not a ferarri or Porsche GT2/3 or a lambo or something. It's a skyline. I say the best bet is to buy one locally. But as they mentioned, loadsa shit boxes around. Good luck on that one.