SAU Community

Importing Companies

nelleh

I brought my car over my self through a broker in japan and i had Paul at autoworx comply it. Paul did an excellent job and i had no problems. Ive had the car on the road for 3 months now and i havent had a problem yet. if your interested in my broker PM me.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did this also, best way to get a car into australia, thats for sure.

I brought my car over my self through a broker in japan and i had Paul at autoworx comply it. Paul did an excellent job and i had no problems. Ive had the car on the road for 3 months now and i havent had a problem yet. if your interested in my broker PM me.

Wouldnt mind getting that brokers name 4door33? PM has been sent.

Have started looking around locally, so far everything has been automatic or with 140 000+ kms, GR! However, I will persevere! :) and keep an eye on the for sale section on the forum of coarse :( anyone wanting to sell a white manual r33 gts-t with lowish kms soon Im your lady! ;)

Autoworx...

No one else but him. Speak to paul there and he is an absolute champ. He also has a few R33's on his lot so check them out as well and I believe he would offer a warranty on his car's as well. He is a very honest man and when I recommended one of my mates to go see him about importing a silvia and plainly told him that because there were so many available locally that there was just no point in importing one. Very satisfying considering that if Paul had have said yes he would have gone ahead with it no worries at all.

But seriously go and speak with Paul and he will go through with you the con's and pro's of importing a vehicle vs buying one locally.

Autoworx are highly reccommended in my books.

8OO5TED, Lol thats the kinda thing Im hoping to get importing! How'd you find the running around to pay for the seperate bits instead of all at once? And any problems with the car once you got it over here and had it serviced ?

Ahh yeah awesome! Yeah saving money is always a bonus! :P Yeah those were the only things I was worried about with importing thru Paul I mean I know he'd be able to fix up any problems I just dont want to get majorally burnt!!! And with work I didnt know how it'd be making the payments randomly.. but netbank would awesome

snip

When they state that the car imported is at 60k or 80k. Do you believe it? for a 10 yr old car to do 6k/yr or 8k/yr. Is it really possible? LoL.

snip

Abso-bloody-lutely I believe it. My previous R33 had done 33,000km when I imported it which equated to driving it at 4000km/yr. Just like KeeFy, a lot of people (not in the import business) told me it HAD to be fake, wound back, but EVERYTHING about the car indicated it was genuine - body, interior, mechanical condition, right down to the odometer reading stickers pasted in the door jam at each service interval.

Nelleh - The R33 I'm searching to import now (yes - through Paul at Autoworx as well) will not have any more than 40,000km on it. Having had one, I believe they ARE out there (just not lcally with low kms like that), just be prepare to wait for it to come around.

Not every car in Japan has done the same number of kms/year. Like I said - they are out there, but I'm sure the number of 8 year old cars with genuine low km's like mine had is small and if you want one like that, you HAVE to be patient. If it takes me 2-3 months to find another one like that, then so be it. Getting a car with 60-80K on the clock is much easier, but I reckon :

NEVER "settle" for a car. Get the one you WANT. :O

Meanwhile, my 1972 Mini Clubman is my daily racer :lol:

Edited by MearCat

I noticed that on the autoworx site they said they are working on being able to compile 32's. So does that mean theres a chance of bringing in an R32 sometime soon AND being able to get it registered?

I was under the impression that no more 32's would ever be allowd in the country and be driven legally on the roads after the 15yo rule was bannished?

I noticed that on the autoworx site they said they are working on being able to compile 32's. So does that mean theres a chance of bringing in an R32 sometime soon AND being able to get it registered?

I was under the impression that no more 32's would ever be allowd in the country and be driven legally on the roads after the 15yo rule was bannished?

A workshop in Perth is just waiting for an inspection in the next 2 to 4 weeks and they will be able to comply R32's (1992 plus) and compliance should be priced well but a lot more work goes into a car then the 15 year rule.

Some people made you think R32's will never be able to come in so you bought the 1989/19990 ones and did not wait for a later model car.

Some cars are already in Japan waiting to come in under RAWS so it is close.