Ideas For Cheap Stealth Car

jmac

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think a mildly tuned nat-atmo 13B would be good in the old AE86 chassis, and probably a good alternative to a 4AGE 20 valve engine. The light weight body would compensate somewhat for the lack of torque, and the light weight engine would give excellent chassis balance. An RX-8 Renesis engine would be ideal :mellow: but expensive :rolleyes:. A big power 13BT or 20BT would overwhelm the 1980's chassis I reckon. Although some people like their cars that way :huh:. Fixing up the chassis to cope with a 20B would go beyond a "cheap" stealth car.

But I love the 20B, so I will jump on the band wagon and say GO THE 20B!!!

I think putting any rotor in really goes beyond a cheap car. Especially if it is for daily use, rotors are not very reliable. Also a rotor isn't exactly stealthy, especially when worked.

r31 with any turbo rb engine would be my choice.

Edited by shyster

I think putting any rotor in really goes beyond a cheap car. Especially if it is for daily use, rotors are not very reliable. Also a rotor isn't exactly stealthy, especially when worked.

ahhaha! i love comments about rotor engines.

1. Rotor are reliable, they are like any engine, if u take care of it, it will last if you dont say bye bye

2.how is a rotor not stealthy? when it will be in an ae86 :huh:

3. the cost of buying and shitty ae86 and putting a rotor in it, wont cost you much more than dropping an rb20 or 25 into an r31.

:rolleyes:

Yes well everything I have ever read about rotors says they are great motors although unreliable. This has been proven by friends of mine who have owned them, taken great care with them, and they still have regular problems.

Also would've thought myself that putting a rotor in would be cheap. You would think it would be a breeze considering how small they are. But, once again everything I've heard says otherwise. Although I remember reading somewhere of a conversion into an ae86. I'll try and find the article.

I have also noticed rotors tend to make a lot of noise. Even an NA with a mild port and exhaust is fairly loud when compared to an NA rb with exhaust. Once again base on expeirnce of friends rotors. Unfortunately I have never owned a rotor myself, as I have been put off by my friends experiences.

Although in all fairness one of my mates had a bridgeport 13b, which as you would imagine was as loud as hell and as such got heaps of attention from police. So perhaps my opinion on rotors is a little biased against them.

Debadged VR-4

or an old SL430 (merc).... all it would need is induction, and you could light it up in 3rd (OK, maybe not)

I guess the best sleeper is the 'shopping trolley'. Since when does a crappy 86 magna run 12s?

my jzx90 gets mistaken for a camry many a time.. the 1jz manual ensures that it doesnt go like one though!

used to have a datto ute 5 years ago with a stock fj20det, i had it waaaay before all the boys were doing them..

a stocky cefiro gets no looks from the general public also, and are awesome as we all know!

or a GTR with holden badges????

And one of those big “HOLDEN” stickers that covers the top 15% of the front windscreen!!!

Rotors do not = stealth nor cheep

Just make sure what ever car is bough has 4 things:

Bowling hat on back parcel shelf,

Sheep skin front seat covers and

Pea shooter exhaust

No badges

Optional extras would include:

Black sun visor /blinds on back windows,

Faded paint,

Factory hubcaps,

Christen “fish” sticker,

My sister's Honda City Turbo (circa 1986) had a bowling hat on the rear parcel shelf. Turbo or not, anybody still looks silly driving one of these.

I always wanted to shoe-horn an SR20DET into a mid 1980s Mercedes 180E but then I realised I was lazy.

I think a great stealth car would be a lancer coupe with neons, spoilers, body kit, rediculous spoilers, oversized rims etc. I always see these and laugh because they are slow as hell, and I'm sure many other skyline owners have had similar experience. Drop a 400hp Evo engine in there. People will see you coming and think you are a try-hard ricer, and that your car is shit and slow. Then you smoke them and they cry :D.

Although making a Lancer coupe fast would cost a small fortune and therefore not qualify as a "cheap" stealth car. ;) Plus just because every motoring enthusiast thinks your car is slow, it won't stop the police attention. Maybe that wasnt a good idea afterall!