SAU Community

Pfc Tune

Damo

well when the water is 15deg and your is running, the engine is cold or at least it beleives it is, so it cross refersnces this on the water temp correction page and for each degree temp range it uses a different correction value.

the water temp correction on the hand controller alters fuel. the left side is low load and the right side is high load. I guess it believes load points 0 to 10 are low, and 11 to 20 are high load points.

powerfc-water-temp-correction.JPG

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does anyone know how to unlock the map yourself or does it have to be done by a laptop which the tuners have.

I just got back from a drive and noticed that with the a/c on it makes the knock spike even worse.  dont even need to be 1/4 throttle.  Very strange that its happening at the same rpm every time.

so they've locked out your ign maps. what pricks, i'd be spewing and going back to them straight away. as cubes said, you need the laptop software to unlock it

i have never heard of an ecu of any type that uses timing and fuel corrections to increase coolant temp, can you elaborate?

My Microtech LT-12 ecu aids in warming up by incresing the fuel supply. What the manual says: "The ECU senses the engine coolant temp (or engine head temp on air-cooled motors) and increases ot decreases the injector open time by the amount set in the Water function screen closest to the actual temperature."

Hope this helps.......... :)

My Microtech LT-12 ecu aids in warming up by incresing the fuel supply. What the manual says: "The ECU senses the engine coolant temp (or engine head temp on air-cooled motors) and increases ot decreases the injector open time by the amount set in the Water function screen closest to the actual temperature."

Hope this helps.......... :)

paul i have no doubt that the ecu corrects for temp, but i still have not seen an ecu that actively speeds the warm up process using timing or fuel. afaik they all use passive sensors to gather data and then use actuators to make the engine run at it's best for a given temp.

azn this would lead me to believe that the ecu runs the engine richer and retards timing a little when it is cold which makes sense, because below a certain operating temp it lacks thermal efficiency - but not because it is trying to speed warm up. engines run cooler when they run rich.

cubes i thought engines run hotter when the timing is advanced, not retarded.

Run the ignition retarded and watch those coolant temps rise. :blink:

Its mainly for emissions, brings the catalyst up to temp quicker.

hmmm...ok...i guess if you've seen it that's proof enough. just wondering why though as retarded ign means less mixture burnt? and re emmissions...why would anyone with a PFC want a function that caters to emmissions in any case?

i still reckon the only reason that they run rich / retarded when cold is to protect an engine that hasn't reached operating temp yet and is therefore thermally inefficient. can't see it as being to speed the warmup process.

cheers :blink:

Edited by Scooby

• 2 weeks later...

I have taken my car back for the knock spike and it has all been cleaned up on the map. Cant get it over 20 now. Much safer.

Just wondering about the ign correction setting. Is it safe to increase or decrease this value to get more power. If you adjust this should something else be adjusted?