SAU Community

Question: For All Car Owners

satanic

lets be honest, a 12sec car is enough of a handful on the street( not to mention 11, 10, 9 sec) without testing your brakes every few seconds. i always try to stay out of first, when i see the lights turn red down the road, back 2 gears and roll. mate of mine ran into a cow on a blind corner on his ducati middle of nowhere. bad outcome, you just never know.

• 2 weeks later...
Truth be told most of you guys talk about being soo nice on the roads on the forums but are opposite when your behind the wheel. I know its not all of you but its fair to say most. Why buy a skyline for if your going to drive it like a grandpa? I dont speed, i just like to get the limit quicky, anyhting wrong with that? Even if someone wants to go me at the lights, ill give them a go, but i stop at the speed limit. I too have never gotten a speeding ticket yet *touch wood*

Totally agree with you.

I'm not going to lie.

I wouldn't say I thrash cars for no reason, its either to get up to the limit quickly, or for that occasional bit of fun. I sometimes enjoy a bit of fun at the lights and go past the speed limit etc. I often speed, but nothing ridiculous.

I've had my Ps for 2 years now, 1 speeding fine. So not too bad.

I'm surprised at the number of do-gooders on this site I mean, i can understand not racing, but speeding, everybody speeds, even if its just occasional.

But if you really don't speed/drag, good on you. Credit where credits due.

Totally agree with you.

I'm not going to lie.

I wouldn't say I thrash cars for no reason, its either to get up to the limit quickly, or for that occasional bit of fun. I sometimes enjoy a bit of fun at the lights and go past the speed limit etc. I often speed, but nothing ridiculous.

I've had my Ps for 2 years now, 1 speeding fine. So not too bad.

I'm surprised at the number of do-gooders on this site I mean, i can understand not racing, but speeding, everybody speeds, even if its just occasional.

But if you really don't speed/drag, good on you. Credit where credits due.

Well said. Agree 100% :(

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• I can totally get why you like it for that sort of commute. I was thinking BoganDore because it's such a lazy drive, for things like stop start traffic.   I used to do over an hour in stop start shit from one side of Bris to the next, twice a day. My choice of car was larger displacement, with an auto. Basically for torque in low rpm/very low speed, and no clutch pedal. But loved a fun manual for the weekends, which the partner has (plus had the LandCruiser too for other fun drives). I now have an EV as a work car, and I tell ya what, ultimate daily driver, especially if youre out of energy, like I often am after work. I don't even need to touch the brake pedal   That said, I'm presently rebuilding the Liberty GTB to get it setup for weekend drives and track abuse! So small high revving turbo engine with 6 speed cog swapper!   But for your style of commute, I'd probably take the MX5 too!   For those choices, I'm ignoring fuel economy. Because I know how atrocious V8 daily life is for fuel from when I used to daily a manual SS, ha ha. Hence why I know I love the daily rumble of a V8
    • II know what u are saying after 9 years of hibernating my stock engined  110,00km gtt I got it registered 2 weeks ago. Took it for a drive a couple of days ago and some fresh bp fuel, I just couldn’t stop grinning and dreaming of when I will start my build thread. its just such a primal man feeling many forget to enjoy I wish u so much enjoyment with your little racer mate
    • People just don't understand how good MX5's actually are and how fun they are to drive, park, manuever. You feel like you have got some fun cheat code, while everyone else is sitting in their luxobargeSUV like normies who missed the point of living. It really is that noticable. As long as you/your stuff fit, and you're comfortable (they are), a MX5 is the best car on earth to daily around.
    • Before and after, headlight's done along with bumper.
    • 1. The MX5 is small, light and fun to throw around at low speeds 2. Fuel economy is great 3. There's more than enough room for my day bag, and enough room in the boot for some shopping  4. I like looking at it My daily commute takes about 10 minutes of suburban streets, mostly 50kph, with about 6 roundabouts and minimal traffic Whilst the SS is a big comfy cruiser, that's all it is, and the fuel economy is about 3 times as much as the MX5's around town