SAU Community

Wanted: Good Auto Elec To Fix My Car

paulr33

Hi All,

I fried my powerfc and looks like I may have done some damage to my car as well. The car doesn't start on the stock ecu. Diag reports no errors found. All lights appear to come and the usual stuff happens just doesnt start. Fuel pump does its thing. Checked all fuses, they're all ok. Checked for obvious wire damange, nothing visible. The PowerFC is cooked and has a burnt track on the board, my biggest concern is getting the car to start, ecu is replaceable just hope theres no perm car damage.

Need a good auto elec to come to my place (tullamarine) to sort out why it doesn't start. Car is under the carport but can be pushed onto the drive way or what not.

If you know anyone who is a good auto elec (or even just a car fixer-upper-er) please let me know as soon as possible. Will pay cash / beer / anything else just as long as they can sort it out.

Thanks

trying to be a clever dick trying to see if the airtemp sensor would come up. must have tapped the wrong wire and it fried the ecu, burnt smell and 1 track is burnt on the board. worst part is car doesnt work, can buy another powerfc if need be but just hope car is ok.

so when you crank the key over... do you get any noise at all?

\eg feul pump turning on, or engine trying to crank or starter motor trying?

you sure you checked all fuses near the battery, under the steering collumn and in the engine bay in full day light?

thanks for replies, i checked all fuses next to steering column and in engine bay, all appear OK. when i try and crank it sounds normal, i can hear fuel pump and it does its usual crap just doesnt start. almost sounds like the immobiliser is stuck on, but the security light goes off so i can only assume its working ok, stock 33 s2 alarm.

thanks ash will speak to andrew hopefully he can work some magic. my guess was ignition coils / spark sequence

danny disappeared a few months ago so i wont bother him, and i know andrew a bit, well ive met him and spoken to him so it kinda makes it a bit easier.

I know a good auto elec in Sunshine, but you mentioned you wanted someone mobile.

If you want i could come over and we could both go over the car. I am not an auto elec, but i am free and willing to help. You may have missed something obvious, easy to do when stressed :).

Anyway, give me a call if you like. 0427 076490

checked a stack of fuses, even found some more in the boot. all ok. listend for injector tap when cranking, all ok. did complete ecu reset and wiring check all ok. checked all the fuse wiring. all ok. still doesnt start. the burnt track on the powerfc board is #45 which is "ignition start" on the ecr33 diagram so bozz is going to get back to me about it.

thanks for all the help guys, really apprieciate it. one of the best things about the skyline community is good help readily avaiable (and on a sunday too)

ok did some more testing and tryring stuff. injectors tap so they are working. fuel is working, i found out its wire #44 which is actually the gearbox neutral switch selector. so our initial thoughts were maybe that switch is busted. fired up consult (the proper good one) and in neutral switch reports on, move into gear and it reports off so that sensor is working OK.

checked the other sensors in the good consult i had and found that water temp is -23. this was the sensor i was using as my donor so it appers i cooked that. the first consult i tried was a different version and it said all was ok but didnt print sensor values.

this other one i tried shows the values and water is -23 so thats a good sign its borked. will get another sensor tomorrow and try and swap that and see if she cranks over

more tomorrow

next question anyone have a spare donor rb25 water temp sensor? if not ill have to check out repco for a new one, just would hate to buy one and it doesnt fix shit, oh well my own fault i guess. hopefully its an el cheapo generic item and not rb25 specific.

a quick search of the for sale section and i found one, pm sent, he replied, i said can i come n get it, he said sure, went and got it and im back home now with the new sensor ready to go. dedicated club memebers i tells ya, awesome community