SAU Community

New Parts & Upgrades Get Done This Week

Mr-Toy33

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You cannot just change it from a journal bearing to a ball bearing. According to GCG everything from a Series 2 R32 up has a ball bearing turbo. Tihs means that yours is already BB.

How much did Milanco quote you to get the turbo highflowed?

I would also be interested to find out how much it is worth to get a turbo high flowed, as i have recently spoken to GCG and was quoted $2000 to have my turbo done and i wouldn't mind seeing if there is any difference between the price you were quoted and the price i was quoted.

:D

You cannot just change it from a journal bearing to a ball bearing. According to GCG everything from a Series 2 R32 up has a ball bearing turbo. Tihs means that yours is already BB.

How much did Milanco quote you to get the turbo highflowed?

You are correct in saying that a R33 does come standard with Ball bearing, but the quality of the standard bearing is not so good. A standard turbo is only rated to 14psi where as going High Flow will rate the turbo to 25psi. During the High flow process they replace the standard ceramic wheel with a steel one, and upgrade all bearings to allow for increased boost levels which in turn equal heaps more power.

Maximum I should be able to get out of this turbo without upgrading the computer, clutch, etc etc is between 14-16PSI. If I want anymore, it's then in the need to upgrade the computer which I will have plans for later on down the track. Just going to have to get use to this new amount of power that I'm goin to get from it.

Can I ask...why turbo first??? Why not intercooler, boost, full exhaust, computer....get used to that, then new turbo??? Or is the stock turbo buggered?

Stock turbo is buggered. It's sqealing at 4,500RPM & higher and 2 mech's have told me that the inpropella fan is rubbing up against the housing.

The intercooler is hopefully goin to be done next wknd. Just hoping I can get it from the guy here in brisbane before next wknd as he's out stock of the intercoolers right now.

Front strut brace/bar arrived yesterday. So that's now sitting at home.

At the same time with the turbo and all being done with Milanco.... they are also installing a new Apexi AVC-R boost controller for me.

The exhaust system has already been modified. To what extent though I'm not sure but will look further into it shortly. I know from the cat back that the exhaust has been modified and have also been told that the dump pipe is also modified too.

Edited by r33skyliner

I ended up stayin at the workshop for about 20-30mins talking to the guys. The guys are pretty upfront about everything and I'm actually feeling alot more safier dealing with these guys then I actually did with hardore.

Feeling safier to deal with a company is alot better then walking in with your eyes closed and not knowing what's ahead of you.

One thing people dont think of in my opinion is that your handing your car over to a mech who is about to modify/change/alter the way your car runs/works which in turn once you drive out, your life could be at any risk of danger.

With these guys, I've got alot more trust in them then probably any other workshop I've been to. I'm more then happy to recommend these people to anyone in my opinion. Though they are a bit out of brisbane, they are worth the distance to drive to, thats for sure!

I ended up stayin at the workshop for about 20-30mins talking to the guys.  The guys are pretty upfront about everything and I'm actually feeling alot more safier dealing with these guys then I actually did with hardore.

Feeling safier to deal with a company is alot better then walking in with your eyes closed and not knowing what's ahead of you.

One thing people dont think of in my opinion is that your handing your car over to a mech who is about to modify/change/alter the way your car runs/works which in turn once you drive out, your life could be at any risk of danger.

With these guys, I've got alot more trust in them then probably any other workshop I've been to.  I'm more then happy to recommend these people to anyone in my opinion.  Though they are a bit out of brisbane, they are worth the distance to drive to, thats for sure!

So are the guys easy to talk to? I have found that with most other workshops i have delt with that they are far too important to talk to me, the lowly customer.

I have seen a few Skylines around the place, both here in brissy and down at the gold coast with there stickers on and i have always been wondering who they were. I have never seen any advertising done by them in any mag.

So are the guys easy to talk to? I have found that with most other workshops i have delt with that they are far too important to talk to me, the lowly customer.

I have seen a few Skylines around the place, both here in brissy and down at the gold coast with there stickers on and i have always been wondering who they were. I have never seen any advertising done by them in any mag.

These guys are actually very easy to talk too. Stood around in the dyno room for the majority of the time talking and was a great conversation. Talked about the future of additional mods to be carried out on the car along with some recommendations on both sides (mine and theirs) to which they actually listened to what I had to say and not strongily push their recommendations onto what I should actually do.

Their form of advertising that they want to do is purely through word of mouth. They dont have any interest (from what I understand in yesterdays conversation) in advertising their business.

If any business (such as this one) can actually get work in only purely by word of mouth, then they must actually be doing something alot more better then any other workshop. Any business can tell you (even I can within the web hosting industry) that its hard to get any form of a client in by word of mouth and when you do get a client in by word of mouth, damm it makes you feel that you are accomplishing something for what you are working for/towards.