SAU Community

Insurance

Leigh

Do you have insurance?  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

indeed true, but i was loooking over my policy last nite

if your car has "illegal mods" they wont pay out?

and im 99% sure most of us have "illegal mods", i mean if they want to get picky they wont pay u out cos you have a blow off valve!

so really when you think about it, what is the point in the insurance?

Depends on the company and how anal they want to be... almost every car, import or not, has illegal modifications to it. I guess it also depends on what mods u have listed and what u have not.

I had full comp on my 32... luckily never had to claim.

5k... i remember when i was 18 getting a quote on a 1993 Honda Prelude and getting quoted 13k!!! the car i was going to buy was 17k!!! lol hows that work?

who are u guys dealing with?

I was 22 almost 23 and bad driving record and made a claim before and i got quoted:

$2250 for a 96 TT Supra

$2350 for fernis 33 GTR

U must have insuranceof some sort, if not i say that you have dug your own grave!

hes got a Walkie, he told me that cos there are SOOO many of them that have actually disappeared of the face of the planet insuro companies a sceptical. Plus there was only 250 or 750 made!!

i know someone who has the last prototype one left. holden offered him 150k over the fone when he wanted a new part for it lol he bought it for 30k like 10 yrs ago or somethin

hes had other offers of over 300k

i doubt anyone would insure my car these days either

indeed true, but i was loooking over my policy last nite

if your car has "illegal mods" they wont pay out?

and im 99% sure most of us have "illegal mods", i mean if they want to get picky they wont pay u out cos you have a blow off valve!

so really when you think about it, what is the point in the insurance?

In order to void your insurance they have to prove that the "illegal mod", provided you've also listed it on your policy, contributed to the accident.

Lets use a dodgy catch-can as an example:

Could it contribute to you running up someones arse?

Highly unlikely.

Could it spray oil vapour on to your exhaust housing, or a shorting wire, giving you a nice little bonfire?

Sure could, and if the insurance company can prove it, then you're in trouble.

But an internet forum isn't the best place to get this type of info, give your insurance comapny a call, don't mention your policy or anything just make "general enquiries".

In order to void your insurance they have to prove that the "illegal mod", provided you've also listed it on your policy, contributed to the accident.

Lets use a dodgy catch-can as an example:

Could it contribute to you running up someones arse?

Highly unlikely.

Could it spray oil vapour on to your exhaust housing, or a shorting wire, giving you a nice little bonfire?

Sure could, and if the insurance company can prove it, then you're in trouble.

But an internet forum isn't the best place to get this type of info, give your insurance comapny a call, don't mention your policy or anything just make "general enquiries".

I wasnt under the impression that the "illegal mod" had to contribute to the accident to void it. I thought anything illegal or undeclared voided it. Do you have that in writing anywhere as that puts a different emphasis on insurance?

i know someone who has the last prototype one left. holden offered him 150k over the fone when he wanted a new part for it lol he bought it for 30k like 10 yrs ago or somethin

hes had other offers of over 300k

Thats one cool retirement backup plan ;)

Yeah it dont make sense either, ive got a boost controller but its illegal. But they still allow it. There should be a loop hole somewhere that cos they can take your money off you KNOWING you have an illegal mod they should be forced to pay if you have an accident. (Hope im making sense)

they would obviously close that loop hole asap. they're not gonna write loop holes in their policies so that people can force them to pay.

its not morally correct, but what are you gonna do