SAU Community

R32 Gts-t Type Dba Slottd Rotors.

If your rear rotors are still ok then id suggest sticking with them (ie std), just with decent pads.

Im still running std, actually the cars original rear rotor with DBA slotted fronts. The car pulls up fine. My rears are on their last legs these days, but they are 180,000kms old with plenty of abuse under their belts.

Can someone who has upgraded their rear rotors to slotted on the rear actually tell a difference ??? A good pad balance would provide a more seat of the pants improvement...sorry if it doesnt answer your question, just trying to save your coin.

http://www.dba.com.au/dba_catalogue_2004/H...00_21072004.pdf

...so yeh those part numbers look good

If your rear rotors are still ok then id suggest sticking with them (ie std), just with decent pads.

Im still running std, actually the cars original rear rotor with DBA slotted fronts. The car pulls up fine. My rears are on their last legs these days, but they are 180,000kms old with plenty of abuse under their belts.

Can someone who has upgraded their rear rotors to slotted on the rear actually tell a difference ??? A good pad balance would provide a more seat of the pants improvement...sorry if it doesnt answer your question, just trying to save your coin.

http://www.dba.com.au/dba_catalogue_2004/H...00_21072004.pdf

...so yeh those part numbers look good

Thats kool. I have been thinking quite a bit today about just getting the fronts done and with you advice I'd say only the fronts will be what I need.

Thanx. :P

If your rear rotors arent warped and legal thickness...what benefit will you gain from changing them to new slotted rotors. On paper there is a difference, but real world? I would think that the new pads of perhaps different compund with fresh fluid (usually done when rotors are swappe dover) would be the reason for the ...

...huge improvement...

Rear rotors sure aint cheap, i would think your money would be better spent on getting a better front rotor i fyou were after better feel??!!??!!??

Slightly OT, but i had a quick search and could find anything concrete on minimum thickness (for a R32 GTST), except maybe 24.2mm for fronts.

Anyone know for sure?

Cheers,

- Ash.

hey man, i upgraded my R32 GTST with DBA 4000series slotted rotors front and had my rears machined (like new) and put a set of Endless super street M's on the front and endless 8500N's on the rear, great stopping, go from 60-0 in like 2 or 3 seconds with no lock up