SAU Community

Auction Price Changes During Year

I remember reading somewhere a fair while ago that the demand for cars in the japanese auction houses changes throughout the year. eg - in month xxx people get their yearly bonuses so more demand for cars, in month xxx it's towards the end of financial year and companies want to get rid of their cars etc etc

Can anyone shed some light whether this is true and how demand does change throughout the year.

I'm looking on importing a late model R33 (1977-1998) and was wondering whether there is any benefit in me waiting a few months or not. R34 prices are too crazy at the moment so R33 it is.

-MearCat

ummm 1998 R33 GTS-T. 40th anniv. edition. black, manual, 65,000 on the clock

pretty much stock which is what i was after....

Of course the question most people will want to know is how much will it cost you (landed & complied) before registration

i wont say...but ball park....$18-$22k :)

Mmmm - a rather large ball park. :) But nevertheless, the upper part of the ball park is still pretty good for a 98 R33 - which can be harder to get hold of for a good price than 96 or 97

Edited by MearCat

Agreed BLO1 - the change in prices depending on time of year only really applies if you're buying a Toyota Crown or some other Yakuza staff car. Skylines are expensive all year round - in fact R33s are as expensive now as they were back when I was a buyer in 2000.