SAU Community

R32 Brakes Rda Vs Dba

I have called around a few places and found prices around the $220 ea. I think these areD BA

I also got a quote for $100 each for RDA.

Is anyone familiar with RDA, are these crappy?

For $220 each, they would have to be the DBA 4000's slotted

These are rated higher than the standard DBA's of course which would be around the $100 each.

I don't know the answer to your question exactly (looking at getting rotors too) but at least DBA have different codes for better quality brakes like the standards, 4000 and 5000's

I don't know if there's differences with the RDA's ??

There's RDA's for an R33 on ebay for $349 which is a significant saving for me over the DBA 4000's but are these the same ratings as the 4000's or just standard rating?

How can you tell? It doesn't say nor do i know how to tell anyway.

Just seems to be RDA rotors, one type, that's it???

Anyone know?

I've searched long and hard on the subject and no-one mentions if there are different levels of performance brakes by RDA. If i go and buy a set, will i just get standard rotors? Or are their standard rotors already performance rotors?

Similarly i can get standard DBA's...slotted even but they're still not 4000's unless i specify 4000's.

So whats thre go with RDAs? Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Can i get standard slotted and performance slotted?

I want performance slotted rotrors but have no idea how to tell

I've searched long and hard on the subject and no-one mentions if there are different levels of performance brakes by RDA.  If i go and buy a set, will i just get standard rotors?  Or are their standard rotors already performance rotors?

Similarly i can get standard DBA's...slotted even but they're still not 4000's unless i specify 4000's.

So whats thre go with RDAs?  Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Can i get standard slotted and performance slotted?

I want performance slotted rotrors but have no idea how to tell

Hi Birnie,

Gotcha now,

Afaik RDA make only one type of disc. The whole 'performance disc' thing is what DBA uses to market their discs, as would any company wanting to get an edge. Just like 'kangaroo paw' that DBA swear by. They have different characteristics but it's up to you to decide - perhaps considering the experiences of others if you wish - what's what and what works for you. The RDAs seem to have a very good rep, as do DBAs. You can call RDA and ask them straight - even say that you're comparing with DBA and see what they tell you for interest sake. Call DBA and ask them what, and when, you'll notice as a difference in performance between their standard and performance discs.

Thanks mate.

Might give em a call tomorrow.

Why didn't i think of that!

Get so caught up in the internet sometimes, you forget how the real world operates. Pick up the phone and talk to someone dummy!

Haha....

Thanks mate.

Might give em a call tomorrow.

Why didn't i think of that! 

Get so caught up in the internet sometimes, you forget how the real world operates.  Pick up the phone and talk to someone dummy!

Haha....

Haha!

Let us know what they say.

In dba rotor catalouge there are standard,slotted,wiper slotted and cross drilled and slotted.Then they step up the 2 peice rotors.

Yeah, I've got a copy of the glossy fold out page showing the standards, 4000s and 5000s, explaining the paint colours and all that jazz.

That's sort of what i want to find out for the RDA's too.

Maybe they'll send me something in the mail. Fingers crossed.

I put rdas on my r32 gts4, did a trackday at qld raceway, they worked perfectly well, stood up to my bendix ultimates good. QLD raceway is pretty hard on brakes.

One thing different about GTSt/GTs4 brake rotors vs GTR rotors (besides thickness) is that the vents/vanes in a genuine nissan rotor is directional in a GTR(e.g. L & R) and GTst/GTS4 rotors can go either side of the car.

I don't know if DBA's are directional but my RDA's weren't - not that I noticed, brakes worked perfectly well- on trackday and my mags(not the discs) were over 100 deg C, my tires were between 65 deg to 85 deg c too. I could not complain about the heat performance of my brakes - pads or rotors.

I only got the std ones for my car, they were $75 each in Brisi this feb. It was $125 for slotted as they just slot the std ones for you, it gets done by the factory I'm told.

definitely worth a try.

DBA 4000 series slotted rotors are definately directional for all cars.

When you say non-directional, does that mean the slots go straight out from the centre of the disc? Because if they are at an angle, they are directional. The "sharp pointy end" of the slots (at the centre) should point in the direction the wheel spins, so that the slots can release any gasses as they spin.

im getting rda rotors on my r32 gtst today! yay no more brake shutter!! lol any ways i was getting slotted front standard rears but he rang me up and said ohh we've got no slotted left in stock blah blah you can have there new ones which are still slotted but the have like little bumps outta them there a bit better and only cost 6 bucks more so im like ok so ill see how they go and report back! :D

I wouldn't say bumps, more like dimples.

Spoke to RDA (or EBC today, they merged)

There is only one type of rotor.

Asked what temp they're rated too, not sure...hmmm?

Warranty is voided once you hit the race track, don't know about DBAs if thats the same

The new ones you're talking about are on this page..

http://www.ebcbrakes.com/Automotive.html (near the bottom)

Was also quoted $368/pair for normal RDA slotted rotors

and $455.90 for the NEW type slotted/dimpled EBC Sport Rotors

That's for a pair of R33 front rotors.

The new ones definatley look interesting !

They make some interesting points about the y new type.

The slot is wider as it could normally get filled with dust or rust preventing it's gas removal purpose.

Also, iodised to prevent rust.

And dimpled, as opposed to cross drilled to stop cracking.

What do people think of these little beauties?