SAU Community

The Intercooler Thread

AlexCim

Has anybody fitted a cooler that has in and out on the same side (not having a pipe run at the bottem) ? Wile using the standed piping

I think it would look quite good, as when you open the bonnet it will look standed.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Has anybody fitted a cooler that has in and out on the same side (not having a pipe run at the bottem) ? Wile using the standed piping

I think it would look quite good, as when you open the bonnet it will look standed.

I'm also wanting to know if anyone has one fitted like this

from what i can find there's a blitz intercooler that may use the standard pipes? (not sure), part number is 13101.

Has anyone used this kit or have any pictures of it installed?

the layout is shown on the top of the 4th page Here

Can anyone translate the remarks section?

• 9 months later...

how come all these stagea owners love the commodore,ive been noticing it in many pics and comments that its not only me that owns a stagea and love hsvs[got 2 sv90s]vk group3][calais director]and my beloved stagea series 2.5.

sorrry for getting of subject.but had to comment.peace, love the thread.and the group a

yes front bar support needs chop chop as it blocks about 30% of the top section of the cooler from airflow.

102_0288.jpg

this is the original shape of the support bar (thought the centre bit was cut abit from the previous owner making me think it had a fmic on it b4 in japan)

101_0154.jpg

and this is the original bumper shape without a numberplate on

101_0192.jpg

i reckon the bumper is worth cutting abit to get rid of the number plate solid block of plastic setup, checkout my bumper and how much of the cooler is visable, though i know u dont like to be showing it off but for airflow it must be heaps better than stock. and u could always paint the cooler black (if it isnt already).

102_0284.jpg

102_0285.jpg

lastly heres a pic of the cooler piping in alluminium (3 of the pipes are polished and the last one hadnt been polished in the photo to show the difference)

Note: this is for rb26 so piping is alot different.

104_0435.jpg

cheers

Brad

I'm also wanting to know if anyone has one fitted like this

from what i can find there's a blitz intercooler that may use the standard pipes? (not sure), part number is 13101.

Has anyone used this kit or have any pictures of it installed?

the layout is shown on the top of the 4th page Here

Can anyone translate the remarks section?

Hi everyone. I haven't gotten around to writing up the build but here is a vertical intercooler I installed a few months ago. A couple of new pipes join up to the factory piping before entering the engine bay. Rated at "663HP-1002HP at max efficiency 1.5psi pressure drop". Yet to install Profec B and Nistune however! Should suit skylines aswell?

Buy it now while the exchange rate is good! Shipping is about $100.

http://www.treadstoneperformance.com/product.phtml?p=34&cat_key=63&prodname=TRV25+Series+Intercooler

post-2468-0-19748600-1329784696_thumb.jpg

i used to have a cooling pro(just jap) black stealth intercooler on my R33, was making decent flow and i made 225rwkw before upgrading to a bigger fmic - not due to lack of flow i believe people are getting 300rwkw with the stealth, but a much larger setup on my engine inc a bar and plate fmic and i dont think the stealth would flow 400+rwkw with my automatic box.

mmm tidy setup.... but the lag pipe(return to the stock pipe) is really not beneficial.... u put a good high flowing fmic, into a setup like that which if you go for a decent sized turbo will cause you some degree of lag. i had that problem with less pipe than you have got and my t67 with .82 rear, i gained boost nearly 500rpm earlier from taking out the return flow style setup. just some food for thought, but nice and tidy i will admit.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey fellas...

I have a 98 WGNC34 series 2 stagea RB25DET

I want an intercooler that will support 300 rwkw and will run through the factory piping

any suggestions?

Does the PWR R34 GTT fit?

Thanks

Edited by Wildanimals

Never sen one but if it fits a R34 GTT you should be able to make it fit.

I had a cooling pro return flow but it struggled after about 250kw. They say the Blitz return flow is good for 300kw although I would have thought that was pushing it. I have a normal Hybrid fmic now. What is the size of the PWR core?

Hey fellas...

I have a 98 WGNC34 series 2 stagea RB25DET

I want an intercooler that will support 300 rwkw and will run through the factory piping

any suggestions?

Does the PWR R34 GTT fit?

Thanks

I had one on my old Stagea series 2 it was putting out 330kw at the wheels with ease...

PWR reconds the r34 gtt one supports 600hp at flywheel - 350kw at wheels

i assume there are no bolt in fmic available for wgnc34 stagea? anyone know?

also any suggestions on what size injectors or mas air flow sensor (air flow meter) i would require to achieve 300 rwkw in wgnc34 neo rb25det stagea?

cheers