Avoca Beach Cruise Dvd

satanic

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for all the feedback on the trailer guys.... will pass it on to the two editors :( Please keep in mind though that this is JUST the trailer - we thought we'd add some special effects and stuff to spruce things up, but I can see the general concensus is that not even a trailer deserves tarting up :D

On that note, you will be happy to know that the full length version will not have many special effects, just footage (as confirmed by one of the editors tonight).

What did you all think of the image quality, is it really hard to see for anyone? We wanted to keep the file size down to a minimum so we had to forfeit some quality there.

Thanks again to everyone for the important feedback, we'll definitely keep all of these in mind for next time. This wasn't really supposed to eventuate, we just thought we'd give it a go - so for a first time I think it's ok. Next time, we'll be prepared.

RUKUS: You have a big head...

Mitch_Rona: Fancy seeing you on this forum :P Welcome dude! Where the hell was your first post?

Trailers excellent! Im guessing the cruise was to Avoca beach, so wheres the clips of the carpark there and u guys having a bbq or something? Did you all just drive all day or meet up somewhere? Or is that only on the dvd...

Good work!

and move the p plate so its not in heaps of the shots lol

we will be moving it come the next cruise - keep in mind we never intended for anybody to see this video except stan and whoever he wanted to show (i.e. it was for his own personal use) :P

iMovie!? Dude, tell whoever is cutting it to use Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro or something.. even I can use Premiere it aint that hard...

Downloading nowwww.

iMovie is adequate for what we're doing at the moment - we will however be using something far more advanced for future productions. :D

I wanna hear sounds.. I wanna hear turbo's..

Premiere is alot more work than Imovie - that does what it's made for.. making it easy

There's a lot of music in the uncut (i.e. original recording) of the vid - from stans stereo... we will be using an external mic in future so we can get the noises from all of the cars :D

So yes, this will be addressed in ALL future releases!

Yeah I agree with that, being able to hear the cars is good as well

See comment above.

i was actually thinking of getting a camera mounting thingo for the windscreen.. but my car is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bumpy it'd probably turn out shithouse

We're working on a way to make the video ultra-smooth, the DVD has been edited to include the smoothest parts/sequences, so it's a lot better than the trailer in that respect.

same

a bit too much slow mo

dont over do the special effects and it'll be awesome

that is all..

ps trailer looks coo ;D

DVD doesn't include any real special effects - the trailer was just designed to be "snappy" in the sense that things are slowed down/sped up and it flicks between scenes, etc :D the trailer isnt very good compared to the DVD!!! ;)

Trailer is bloody awsome! :D

Which program are you using it for it? :(

Thanks, you should love the DVD then - we just used windows movie maker 2 (hahahahaha) as the trailer didn't need anything special in the way of editing :D;)

Edited by Menthu_Rae

Trailers excellent! Im guessing the cruise was to Avoca beach, so wheres the clips of the carpark there and u guys having a bbq or something? Did you all just drive all day or meet up somewhere? Or is that only on the dvd...

Good work!

we didn't actually get any footage of the meet point - however there *are* several *hundred* photos, the best of which will be inserted into the DVD as a small slide show

of course, this will be rectified in future releases, where we will be covering the cruise destination; and interviewing select people about their thoughts on the drive, as well as covering their cars and modifications B)

Still taking orders for this guys... if your name is already on the list you have nothing to worry about; PMs to all of you will be sent out shortly!

Does anyone know how I can change the tilte description of this thread to "Trailer Out Now" instead of "Coming Very Soon"? Mods?

Don't really feel like starting a new thread :(