SAU Community

Hks T04r Dyno Results 400kw+

wrxkilla

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great work thankyou intresting to see the numbers... will read them carefully

only thing is my figures at 4wkw not rwkw.

and yes stock gearbox and diffs etc, and yes those tire specs. i also launch at 6500-7000rpm

:angry:

hmm.. seems the t04r makes less power... but with less response going by 32-gts's results with the t04z

dyno

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...pe=post&id=7598

thread

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...c=91170&hl=to4z

interesting comparo's... normally youd think the car with lesser power would be more responsive!

just having a a look at that thread very nice. very nice results indeed well done to him, obviously its a better setup no point comparing.

bigger cams than me, better turbo.

0.81 exh does he have, mine is bigger 0.96 which means more top end and less response.

we have our cams set to 0 so havent dialled in any extra midd response yet.

Also hes running 24psi and im running 18psi

i have no excuses thats obviously a better set up, cant argue that.

im very proud of my results for what we have and what we have done.

all not comparable if you ask me...

:)

how much peak was made on 18psi? 415kw = 556hp at 4 wheels for me

i need more boost and rasie revs to 9000rpm

thanks

have you had a look at your cam timing and cam choices as there is something not quiet right here as the lack of mid range is remarkable

you have gain good top end hp dont get me wrong but i honest think there is a lot more you could get out of this combo around the 5000rpm range ie i know of a twin t04z hks rb that makes more power at 5000 than this sheet and that should not be the case. And gts32 is making 2.5 times more power at 5000rpm thats not just a slightly better turbo.

again great result but i would revisit you cam timing and cams you could build a really monster with the right combo

yep no worries

well this is only the first effort on bp ultimate, i'll be talking to the tuner and see what we can/have tried with cam timing...

like i say i know on paper it doesnt look so good, but as far as im concerned through gear changes it comes back to 5500rpm and its on boost it picks up and goes... so its okay.

mick

first place to start i would try advancing the inlet cam maybe 4deg first go and what you should see is it ramp up the same but just 100 or 200 rpm earlier with next to no change to out right hp, and i have mine as high as 10 deg advanced. The exhaust tends to effort mostly out right hp with only small changes to low down power i found running a couple of deg advance gave good reason 2deg gave 30rwhp BUT this will be different for every combo etc so try a couple advanced then a couple retard and the results will speak for themselves. The only pain is changing the exhaust is slow and everything you touch is hot and you have to reset the time each time.

out of interest what cams are you running?

pete

ps best of luck

bigger cams than me, better turbo.

0.81 exh does he have, mine is bigger 0.96 which means more top end and less response.

we have our cams set to 0 so havent dialled in any extra midd response yet.

Also hes running 24psi and im running 18psi

housing size isnt going to make upwards of 1000rpm difference though

And as for the amount of PSI, more boost isnt going to make it more responsive.

i wasnt really referring to your end power, which really is quite good, punching out over 400 is no easy feat, nor is it cheap. Top effort indeed!

Its more the mid, and the time that it takes to get there before around 6200 where you start to make good power

You have cams, and headwork as you've stated. So your not gonna be "that" far behind. All things will make a difference between the two packages without a doubt, but how much?

It'll be good to see what comes of more R&D with your setup thats for sure.

Its all about time and fiddling :)

yeah no worries

defo look slike it needs more power midrange for sure.

will see where it takes us...

but i am reasonably satisfied with how it drives. i will take it to the drags and see how we go.

i do think i need a 9000rpm limiter tho.

michael

Here is another with 1.3bar (18psi) of boost and a Garrett T04Z on a built motor.

Very similar to R32-GTS except he has more top end then I do. These Garretts are a great Turbo! :) Love to get to 600HP though!!

upi_dyno.jpg

Maybe at Willowbank one day :)

Nice result anyway, wasn't having a go at you just wanted to show the same turbo but at the same boost setting as yourself.

It's not easy cracking the 400kw mark so well done. I want 450kw just like R32-GTS!!!! More boost I hear :)

ah lol

yeah i know dude.

t04z kills the t04r. i have seen t04r and t04z dyno sheets many times before. the mid range of t04z is immenlsey superior to t04r.

to4r always look like mine, and t04z look like yours.

but no serious, i'll be at willowbank racing mine, would love nothing better than to line up against a car like yours.

thanks

michael

Congrats Mick,I have no doubt you will crack a 10.The ONLY place your car MIGHT get shown up is on the street on a short squirt.You have a great combo to achieve your desired result....to run a 10 on radials,good luck.

Guest Mashrock
Hi all,

well ive seen a few threads of the type recently, so thought i might post one up also for those intrested.

R32 GTR tunning a HKS T04R with a 0.96 exh 18psi.

415kw at 4 wheels

Will be out at willowbank as soon as i can hunting to flog my current pb.

415.GIF

thanks

Michael

f**k me dead michael! wasnt this car a stocker when you got it?

or i do prehaps remember sasha telling me it had some tomei engine etc?

crazy!! good work buddy!! your probably happy you didnt buy my one! so much gearbox problems!!

:P