SAU Community

Hks T04r Dyno Results 400kw+

wrxkilla

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the T04Z's are doing it better than the GT3540R singles or 2530 twins for response and power . I'll start a new thread as I'm interested as well .

Cheers adrian .

no thats not true about the 2530 they only compared to near std rb26 with 2530 on it (from memory 440rwhp or there abouts) ,which is not fair to compare again a built 26 with high lift cams ported head running more boost and the test was rolling in fourth side by side , which in my opinion not a true test of responce. Sorry simon i know your t04z is doing some get hp but lets compare apples with apples when comparing turbo set ups as i believe you put those turbos on your motor and it would behave very different to those on the std rb26 YES. I do know you have a higher potential for hp but you shgould with 800hp turbo verses the 640hp of the hks 2530 but as responce i dont believe that is a fair claim.

I am not trying to have a go at anyone or any turbo configuration

pete

ps my opinion of responce is the recovery time between gears changes especially in the lower gears and the responce in low rpm situations ie corner exiting

a car with a better combo to compare to would be two.6l i think running 440rwkw 10.38 1/4mile

running smaller poncams

hks 2530

this car would give a much better idication of the 2530 potiental over the near std 440hp gtr

So the T04Z's are doing it better than the GT3540R singles or 2530 twins for response and power . I'll start a new thread as I'm interested as well .

Cheers adrian .

A dyno graph is no idication of response. An extreme example, just to make the point...........what if I held the engine at 4,000 rpm (with dyno load) for say a minute until the boost stabilised, then read off the power. Is that good response? Of course it isn't, response is how long it takes after you push the throttle. I haven't found a dyno yet that can do that consistently.

:) cheers :)

A dyno graph is no idication of response.  An extreme example, just to make the point...........what if I held the engine at 4,000 rpm (with dyno load) for say a minute until the boost stabilised, then read off the power.  Is that good response?  Of course it isn't, response is how long it takes after you push the throttle.  I haven't found a dyno yet that can do that consistently.

to true :)

what they are saying, is whilst it might look responsive on the dyno chart...

There are too many factors that can influence it in terms of response, IE pre-loading etc.

That wouldnt happen on the street neccasraily as you would be starting from 4th @ 2000rpm as an example and allowing load etc to build so that it comes on as early as it can.

pnb - dont forget its a bit rough to compare street fuels setups to race fuels :)

what they are saying, is whilst it might look responsive on the dyno chart...

There are too many factors that can influence it in terms of response, IE pre-loading etc.

That wouldnt happen on the street neccasraily as you would be starting from 4th @ 2000rpm as an example and allowing load etc to build so that it comes on as early as it can.

pnb - dont forget its a bit rough to compare street fuels setups to race fuels  :)

yeah sorry but remove the race fuel and put in ported head and high lift cams would be similar BUT what i was getting at let compare similar beast not std this worked that etc

by the way that two-6l is one hell of a package for low mounts and pfc, shows i believe the potiential of a good well balanced package faster et than a lot higher hp gtr with out half the cost.

I've been watching this thread with interest,as I have HKS 2530's on my R33,I also have a dyno printout from RacePace in shootout mode,just like wetgtr,7 months apart.

My run was with standard cams,standard bottom end,stock afm's,stock pump and 740cc inj,HKS cam gears,98 octane fuel.It made 371rwkw.It has since had a forged bottom end rebuild.The following results were before the rebuild.

At 3500rpm,both make around 115rwkw,at 4000rpm the T04Z is 10rwkw ahead and it gradually puts some distance on the 2530's,30kw@6500rpm and 67kw@7500.

I have some HKS cams,Nismo afm's and a Tomei pump to go in shortly,although my next dyno run will be on Ice's dyno,I'll post up results.

Guest Mashrock
Reduce the restrictions and run less boost and make more power.  B)

thats the expensive way

and i really need to gets to a dyno and get my response machine graphed out.

Edited by Mashrock

A dyno graph is no idication of response.  An extreme example, just to make the point...........what if I held the engine at 4,000 rpm (with dyno load) for say a minute until the boost stabilised, then read off the power.  Is that good response?  Of course it isn't, response is how long it takes after you push the throttle.  I haven't found a dyno yet that can do that consistently.

If your talking to me SK it was on the raod testing nothing to do with a dyno graph. Was me next to a 2530 equipped GTR. Yes it had a standard motor and no head work and no big cams but im thinking thats not gonna affect response anyway ?? Im thinking the cams and head work are gonna help it higher in the RPM range not down low.

And as for response time between gears im yet to have it fall off power between gear changes and it exists corners on boost like a slingshot.

no thats not true about the 2530 they only compared to near std rb26 with 2530 on it (from memory 440rwhp or there abouts) ,which is not fair to compare again a built 26 with high lift cams ported head running more boost and the test was rolling in fourth side by side , which in my opinion not a true test of responce. Sorry simon i know your t04z is doing some get hp but lets compare apples with apples when comparing turbo set ups as i believe you put those turbos on your motor and it would behave very different to those on the std rb26 YES. I do know you have a higher potential for hp but you shgould with 800hp turbo verses the 640hp of the hks 2530 but as responce i dont believe that is a fair claim.

I am not trying to have a go at anyone or any turbo configuration

pete

ps my opinion of responce is the recovery time between gears changes especially in the lower gears and the responce in low rpm situations ie corner exiting

Pete maybe we should compare our 2 cars on the road and see how they behave ?? Response time etc.

Also comparing my car to two.06L isnt exactly apples with apples as you say as it runs a gutted interior , street slicks and c16. How can you compare that with a full street trim GTR running ultimate 98 full interior and tornado tyres running almost identical MPH. Just my opinion.

Edited by R32-GTS

If your talking to me SK it was on the raod testing nothing to do with a dyno graph. Was me next to a 2530 equipped GTR. Yes it had a standard motor and no head work and no big cams but im thinking thats not gonna affect response anyway ?? Im thinking the cams and head work are gonna help it higher in the RPM range not down low.

And as for response time between gears im yet to have it fall off power between gear changes and it exists corners on boost like a slingshot.

so simon if this is a test of responce

ant was telling me that a roll on like your talking about that yours doesnt pull out at all on his twin t04zhks gtr surely if this was a test of responce ants would not have the responce of yours .

And i'm not having go simon i just dont think your being fair in your comparison of responce

As for lining them i don't have a problem with that but i'm affaired i perfer a test of the whole car say lap times of collie or waneroo as we a test responce through the gears not just hp in straight line as i am running 640hp of turbos and your running 800hp of course yours will make more hp.

and as for effiences of single verses twin

530rwhp from 640hp turbos 20psi =82.8 %

608rwhp from 800hp turbos 24psi =76 %

again simon i think ant has done a awesome job with your car and it a good package just be fair when judging other combos

pete

ps two.6l hks 2530 10.38sec yours even with race fuel i think would battle to run that NO. God knows i'll never run that quick more interested in circuit and always have been.

so simon if this is a test of responce

ant was telling me that a roll on like your talking about that yours doesnt pull out at all on his twin t04zhks gtr surely if this was a test of responce ants would not have the responce of yours .

And i'm not having go simon i just dont think your being fair in your comparison of responce

As for lining them i don't have a problem with that but i'm affaired i perfer a test of the whole car say lap times of collie or waneroo as we a test responce through the gears not just hp in straight line as i am running 640hp of turbos and your running 800hp of course yours will make more hp.

and as for effiences of single verses twin

530rwhp from 640hp turbos 20psi =82.8 %

608rwhp from 800hp turbos 24psi =76 %

again simon i think ant has done a awesome job with your car and it a good package just be fair when judging other combos

pete

ps two.6l hks 2530 10.38sec yours even with race fuel i think would battle to run that NO. God knows i'll never run that quick more interested in circuit and always have been.

Im not having a go ay anyone just trying to discuss a topic. At 20psi now i make 560rwhp so does my effiiciency go up according to your table ? Also the two2.6L gtr runs a os giken gearset which didnt have to be babied into third like i had to so its not really a fair comparison but anyway good to discuss. Also i think the t04z is rated at 700-750hp depending on where you get your info from not 800.

Edited by R32-GTS