SAU Community

Has Anyone Used Chiptorque?

jmac

Hey guys, has anyone here used ChipTorque (at Nerang) for their tuning? I was recommended to go to them by a mate at work... he reckons one of the guys there is a "Skyline freak". :)

Tried searching but no hits!

Anyone?......

(I'm just researching to see if there are alternatives to the ubiquitous PowerFC...)

I have a mate with a fairly hard core WRX who loves Chip Torque.

On the PowerFC, I also did the research and given you can get one for about $1K with hand controller and it just plugs in without any wiring its pretty hard to beat.

Edited by MountainRunner

Spoke to them today, their solution for R34s is.... a PowerFC. So basically they offer what the other workshops offer although I must say they sound like they know what they're doing over the phone.

Apparently they tune lots of Skylines there so I might check it out a bit further. They're getting back to me with a quote for the various things I'm planning to do.... (PFC, FMIC, pump, injectors, AFM).

Spoke to them today, their solution for R34s is.... a PowerFC.  So basically they offer what the other workshops offer although I must say they sound like they know what they're doing over the phone. 

Apparently they tune lots of Skylines there so I might check it out a bit further.  They're getting back to me with a quote for the various things I'm planning to do.... (PFC, FMIC, pump, injectors, AFM).

G'day jmac. I haven't seen you around. You may wish to wait a week or so before looking at aftermarket ECU. Dan (666DAN) has ordered his new programmable ECU from http://www.bikirom.com

As you can see, the price is far less than the brand name alternatives. They have just finished testing them on ER34's. Once Dan has his installed and tuned, assuming it all goes well, a few of us are going to get one. He has pretty similar mods in mind to you.

Hey choyda... I've been lurking in the shadows... :)

Seriously this forum has been an awesome resource for me, only had my car since Feb this year but I haven't come up with one issue that someone wasn't able to help me with here. I'm planning to get out to cruises/meets/track days and stuff a lot more but want to get my vee-hickle running just the way I want it first.

I'll definitely be waiting at least a week... payday y'see... and would def be interested in an alternative to the PFC provided there aren't "issues" and I can get it supported ok if it fries its little brain.

I guess the FC is attractive in that lots of ppl seem to have them and know how to make them do stuff. But just because lots of people run Windows doesn't make it the best OS around either....

So keep me (us!) updated on Dan's exploits, $300 vs $1000-1200 is a convincing argument. :)

Rob is the Skyline Freak there, he goes by the username of rob82.

Chip Torque do good tunes, Lochlan would be rated in the elite tuners of Australia.

If you think about it he designes ECU's piggybacks and stuff so he must have an idea how to get them working properly.

The only downside is they are not cheap!! You have to decide on how much your willing to pay for a tune.

mate,

i rate chiptorque higher than any other tuning shop in qld. the fact that mazda contacts lachy to write their program for FACTORY cars should be enough to confirm their reputation.

Go with them!

GLENN

CHIPTORQUE 5596 4204

DR KUSTOM - SHOW QUALITY PAINT AND PANEL - 0402 637 642