SAU Community

Which Petrol Do You Buy?

Frink

Hey all,

just wondering which petrol you all choose to use and which petrol you reckon is the best? i know this has been talked about before, but i think it makes for an interesting discussion.....

i currently only use BP Ultimate, but am thinking of making the switch to the Mobil Synergy 8000 (spelling?), as it has now become avaliable in canberra. which of these too would be the better fuel?

Im not a skyline :) ,but front the same issues with fuel I'd imagine. I get BP Ultimate first choice and Synergy 8000 second. I find those 2 both equally good fuels, so long as they are from high turnover stations. Synergy is usually just a bit dearer. Optimax if desperate and only enough to get me out of trouble.

I haven't found any real differences between the 98RON fuels. In my opinion they are all pretty much the same.

I use Vortex 98 most of the time because Caltex is the closest servo to my house and I have never had any problems with it.

i heard somewhere that Vortex 98 is just re-badged Optimax...... :)

do they use ethanol in 98 ron fuel? i read a press release that stated ethanol was only used in the regular unleaded. i wasn't at the launch, so correct me if im wrong......

Edited by Frink

Bp ultimate, runs the best... ive tried synergy 8000 and found it gets hardly any kms out of it.. but runs awsome!!! (Only just released a few weeks ago here)... optimax if its only what i can find.. the car hessitates on this fuel though, and anything less then 98.. so i try my hardest not to put it in.

Dayne

Hey all,

just wondering which petrol you all choose to use and which petrol you reckon is the best? i know this has been talked about before, but i think it makes for an interesting discussion.....

i currently only use BP Ultimate, but am thinking of making the switch to the Mobil Synergy 8000 (spelling?), as it has now become avaliable in canberra. which of these too would be the better fuel?

I use Ultimate. If I fill up with Synergy 8000 I get poor performance and the ECU pulls timing and activates the boost cut to lower the boost to 0.7bar occasionally. I never have this problem with Ultimate.

I will never touch Synergy again.

it's funny cause in the GTI-R and Soarer and the GTR too I've tried:

optimax

ultimate

synergy 8000

I can't really pick any difference between the three. if i had to choose a winner i guess i'd say synergy 8000 but that could just be the placebo effect of it being the most expensive of the 3. I've certainly never experience any poor running on any of the above.