SAU Community

Which Petrol Do You Buy?

Frink

BP ultimate for me too. When i first got my skyline i was filling up with Optimax which i thought was pretty good, then decided to try Ultimate and just found it to be overall a better fuel, the car seemed to run a tad better and more milage. Hopefully im not imagining it but it sure seems that way.

I think this topic has been covered heaps of times. Anyway, i've been using Ultimate all the time but due to the rise in petrol, i've beeb forced to change to Optimax because i get the 8 cents discount from my Source card :P

Ultimate is the way to go actually :P

well if i buy premium i buy caltex premium but i have a frend taht works in a petro-chemical factory and he says thers no real difference in them unless you want to get a slight increase in power so i usually buy normal unleaded

tick tick tick booooom!

Guest Mashrock
Hey all,

just wondering which petrol you all choose to use and which petrol you reckon is the best? i know this has been talked about before, but i think it makes for an interesting discussion.....

i currently only use BP Ultimate, but am thinking of making the switch to the Mobil Synergy 8000 (spelling?), as it has now become avaliable in canberra. which of these too would be the better fuel?

caltex's 98 is probably one of the best and this has been prooven many time.

also park petroliums 98 ethanol petrol is apparently up there beyond caltex 98 and bp ultimate has scored low marks.

Guest Mashrock
well if i buy premium i buy caltex premium but i have a frend taht works in a petro-chemical factory and he says thers no real difference in them unless you want to get a slight increase in power so i usually buy normal unleaded

depends what bucket your driving around.

and what state of tune you also have..

some cars needs the higher octane

yet most people dont.