SAU Community

Nissan Vh45de Engine

Does anyone know if this engine will fit into any of these cars?

Depends on what you mean by 'fit'. It's certainly not a bolt in proposition, but with enough time and $$ anything can be done. One of these has been shoe-horned into a 240Z. One problem is that there are no manual gearboxes that bolt straight up, so an adaptor plate would be required. Of course, doesn't matter if you stick with the auto.

Yeah, don't like your chances. John looked into that but if you saw the custom headers that had to be made to squeeze past the chassis rails then the turbo option quickly evapourates. Thats why he went down the supercharging path.

There's a VH45DETT in a S14 thats being built here in QLD, running twin XR6 turbos, custom plenums etc...

Very tight fit, turbos are located behind the headlights, inner guards have been cut to make way for the exhaust manifolds etc...

Be interesting to see how it goes once finish :)

There is a 300zx up here with one in it.  He has used the 300zx manual gearbox with it, as thats what was in the car to start with from memory.  I guess the major problem you will have is with the width, not so much the lenght.

Is that the orange one?

Yeah the S14 I mentioned is running a VG30dett box aswell.

Twin xr6 turbo's on a 4.5 litre will see decent boost by maybe 5500rpm..

Haha, be an interesting ride for sure once on boost.

Ok, well i was thinking to fir the engine up into a car, leaving the engine standard using Twin T04Z and the other assosciated bolt-on's, and once it grenades just removed and re-build it or buy another engine.

Should be good for over 1000hp me thinks, the car will be used as a drag car but i want to keep it registered and engineered as i would like to be able to drive it on the street every now and then

Cheers