SAU Community

Best Location To Hook Up Boost Guage Hose

Coupe-This

Hey guys, im just wondering what is the most accurate and best spot to install the boost line into.

I currently have my boost line connect up inbetween the plenum and fuel pressure reg at the front of the engine bay. Was just wondering if this location will give me the most accurate figure.

I have tried to search, couldnt really find anything tho :|

I had this problem a while ago as well. Into this line I had tapped my boost guage as well as the line coming off my boost controller. When I had an adjustable fuel pressure regulator fitted I was told my car was running lean, most likely due to all the things I had tapped into this line. After the pressure was fixed, I noticed the reading on my boost guage was quite unstable when the car came on boost.

I've since changed this by tapping the boost guage into the BOV line and it is stable now. Other locations that are good are into the carbon cannister line or into the stock line off the back of the manifold that leads into the factory boost sensor. This line is very thin though!

"They taste like burning!"

This has been covered SO many times, try searchin in future, but here we go.

1. Tapping ANYTHING in to the boost line to you FPR is a VERY bad ieda, you want your FPR to react as quickly as possible, hence why they have a very short line from the plenum, by adding extra hose your are duling it's response.

2. The easiest safe place is T from the line that runs to your factory boost/MAP sensor, little black box on the firewall drivers side. Well hats the location on a R32, not 100% on it's location for a R33, but you'll find it.