SAU Community

Calling all NTers

Majanal

sweet thanks RBNT, I got the same msg from the track, first meeting is 24/12, too late unless my contract up here extends.

Of course, If I'm still in NT I'll have to give it a go :)

What sort of times was your GTR doing around the track?

Hey Duncan,

Ran a 1.27 but had overheating probs (track temp is very very high) and ic piping blowing all the time. Track surface is very good and gets even better as time goes on. You will find your best times are after the club cars go through, bit more rubber on the track (thanks dave). I suggest if you go out on the track for the first time you take it pretty easy all over. After you are familiar with the track the only place's to watch are the entry to clubhouse corner - some bumps just prior to the braking area so go in straight and brake hard late. The hairpin is a good one also, I have spoken to the top club car racer about how to go about this one but it is still a mystery to me. I felt quickest going through in 2nd and clutching it out of the corner to get a little sideways and make the attessa work. After the hairpin you will come up on the terrace turn which should be flat chat in 3rd. The sandtrap corner can be tricky - go wide and turn in sharp (hopefully you are not still flat out in 3rd) to wash off a bit of speed (atessa induced cornering out of the nissan bible of circuit racing) and prepare yourself for a bit of a rest down the main straight. Oh, dont forget to brake(^^) you will work out your own braking marker for that one. Will not be in Darwin to see you as I am travelling down to the ACT for a wedding at the time. All the best.

ken

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mondays cool with me Ken

And sorry Candy Bars is a personal Joke was supposed to be a PM

Andrew

Thats OK Andrew - death will come swiftly for u!!!! :D JOKEJOKEJOKE, Good to hear you will be there!!!!. Well there seem to be a few interested parties for the cruise - now all we have to do is get ourselves organised. Let us know whats going on by using this thread or PM any of the Darwin group and start the email trail - or PM SIM88. Where are you Simon?????????????

:D

Ken

• 1 month later...
I am from Palmerslum, would like to meet up with one of you gts-t r33 drivers in darwin.

Supercharged my rb30 awhile ago and would like to see how she goes. My mate wont race me because he came for a ride just after it was in and refuses to have a go.

G'Day Static,

Come out and meet the mob at the drags, it will be a good nite!! Whats the rwkw figure for the 30???

Cheers,

ken

• 3 months later...

Arrived a couple of months ago with my '89 R32 GTR - which I've yet to get on the road (buggered turbos). Rebuilt with steel and BB

Looking for the odd spare part from an R32as well like the flat plastic underbody BOV protector plus odd screws etc.

And an oil filter reloation kit. Any of you guys have any opinions on running oil collers up in this part of the world? Necessary?

Seen a fewskylines on the roads including the white "Zilla" and met the R33 d00d at Japanese Motor Spares in Winnellie (nice car, nice bloke).

Cheers,

John

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...