SAU Community

Luxury Gadgets Dumb Or Cool In New Gtr?

bonzelite

from a sport background, i don't care for expensive electronic sensor driven luxuries like automatic trunk closings, talking dash boards, electric everything like seats, heated foot pedals, memory suspension settings, etc. --all will eventually fail and need replacement-- from the dealer. this is a huge money machine for the manufacturer. but will they clutter the GTR Proto with all of this stuff? and if so, is it good or stupid? how far will they go with the whole sport luxury idea? overboard or just enough?

New GTR is for "rich" ppl only. if anything fails, either warranty or owner with funds will be able to replace them. soo no problems there.

dont tell me someone is gonna take out a 150k loan for a new GTR....

:)

personally i love all the high-tech gadgets. looks awesome and sounds awesome.

Edited by r34_skyline

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Id guess about the same as the current porka?

I hope it doesn't go as far as the current porsche. Hmmm... I want to change radio station... Let's have a look:

Porsche997.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGG!!!! IT'S ALL WAY TOO COMPLICATED!!! I don't want to have to pull over to the side of the road just to work out how to change radio station!

Don't even get me started on BMW...

idrive_overview.jpg

idrive_menu.jpg

:lol: Although all that technology does bring some entertainment :lol:

iDrive.jpg

:lol: :blink: :lol: :P

If Nissan can come up with an intuitive system of integrating lots of gadgets, then I am all for it. But if they follow in the footsteps of the Germans and make everything as deliberately complicated as possible, then I will be most disappointed :P .

Edited by Big Rizza

I'm sure it will have a multitude of gadgets... Skylines weren't made as a race car, they were made as a tourer...

Its like comparing a GSXR bike to a holden goldwing... The goldwing has a reverse gear and SPEAKERS!!!...

Anywho, they will probably deck it out to make nice long "tours" in the car more comfortable, and make you feel like you havent left the house... So look out for the dishwasher and ironing board...

the GTR isnt 150k is it ? i read it was gunna cost less than half the price of a Z-tune and that it would have the same power ?

Z tune would cost between $250k and $300k to get on the road in Australia. So if the new GTR is half that price, then $150k is about right. I think it will be closer to P911 money (circa $200k) in Australia though due to luxury car tax, import duty etc.

Edited by Big Rizza

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The thing is, at that price range you will have major problems trying to sell a spartan car. People in that range expect all the mod cons.

Lets say the car is $200K. (That's not unreasonable considering that's the price of an entry level 911. Does anyone know how much a Porsche 911 was back in 1989?)

Few people who can afford $200K cars will want something with basic air con, and non-powered seats, and no cruise control etc. The "base" GT-R isn't being aimed as a niche vehicle to compete against Noble M12 GTO's and other low volume hand-built cars. Its still a production vehicle, lining up to decimate M3s and kill 911's. You won't entice people away from those 2 cars if you can't match them for comfort as well as performance.

That attitude killed the original E36 M3R. They built a street legal track day special with no stereo, no air con, etc.....and BMW couldn't sell them all. In the end they had to retrofit all the fruit to get rid of them. Hence why the E46 CSL came out here with air con and a stereo standard, even though in Europe they were optional.

Nissan could build an N1 variant to be harder edged, and there has been talk that they're trying to push the NISMO brand internationally to rival STi and RalliArt which could then offer a sportier version.

If they can add all those gadgets and keep it at around 1500kg's then I say go for it. If I was forking out $150k I would want way more than the basics.

Does anyone know what weight they are aiming for with the new GTR (or are they keeping that a secret too).

Over and out

Smurf

Edited by Smurf

• 4 weeks later...

this may seem out a bit but i remember reading that it was only going to cost 60k with less power then the 34 but more luxury then sports car... i may be way off the mark according wat u guys are saying... but thats what i remember... please correct me if im wrong...