SAU Community

T70 Turbo

sjabines

hey guys, i need some advice. i bought a t70 turbo for my r33 skyline. is there anyone who has done the same moification to their skyline. i need to know what other mods are required to run the turbo and will i suffer alot of lag with this sort of turbo. and what sort of rev range would the turbo start to kick in?

thanks for your help.

What horsepower is it rated at?

Either way, with any mid to high turbo upgrade (450hp+) you're going to need injectors, fuel pump, intercooler, exhaust and computer at a minimum. After that you're looking at cams and internals if you plan to run the turbo to it's potential.

mine is 700ps

all i got is fuel pump, exhaust, computer, wastegate and a small intercooler and its running at 9psi

but yeh to really get the turbo to its potential some internal work needs to be done as it could run at 20psi but thats pushing the Rb25

my mate had the masterpower t70 with a top mount manifold and a 45 mm PSR wastegate with forged pistons etc, and made 330rwkw on 1.8 Bar. He had a standard head so now that's being worked and we are changing turbo again, it can pull good power and we hit full boost and about 4800rpm and it kicked really hard, but it still felt too laggy for a daily driven car. but when it came on boost it was crazy.

did you do a search or some investigation before buying a new turbo? the turbo is generally one of the last things to be replaced. be careful not to rush into it (cos its cheap) as you may end up with a lag monster car or something could go bang (no longer cheap). you should look at upgrading the following items before you fit the turbocharger to your car

injectors (stockers run out of capcity around 200-230rwkw, 550cc minimum)

airflow meter (stocker runs out of capacity around 220rwkw, z32 or q45 afm)

tyres (stock or crappy tyres will just result in lots of wheelspin)

suspension (standard suspenion will hamper your launch capabilities)

brakes (stock calipers should be ok, but you should look at some good rotors and / or braided brake lines and good pads)

ecu (stock ecu will be useless. go for aftermarket stand alone. recommend apexi powerfc)

fuel pump (stock pump will run out of capacity around 200rwkw)

intercooler (stock intercooler will run out of capacity around 180rwkw)

exhaust (stock exhaust will be useless, at least 3.5" dump pipe / front pipe and 3.5" exhaust with hiflow cat)

boost controller (good a good bleed valve or electronic controller)

pineapple kit (to prevent axle tramp)

standard plenum is fine (no need to change)

i'd say its going to cost you around $8k to have this turbocharger fitted and working correctly

yeah good call croat, any prices / quotes you are given double them as stuff will break, wont fit, wont work etc etc. i thought 8k was fairly ball park. that wasnt assuming stock rb25. i was assuming it had tyres, suspension and some of the basic mods already but your right, its always more, never less