SAU Community

Rb25 2wd Manual Into A 4wd Auto Cefiro

browndog

Has anyone ever put a r33 rb25 and 5 speed into a auto 4wd cefiro??? i'm guessing it would be more trouble than its worth. would the rb25 computer support the 4wd because i believe the 4wd is ecu controlled is this correct? also would the manual bolt up to the drop box of the 4wd i guess it may do but has anyone done it? would the skyline pedal fit or would u have to get an actual pedal and slave cylinder out of a cefiro? and the park brake i imagine cause of the foot park brake. i'm thinking it is gonna be too much of a pain but just a thought and help would be greatly appreciated.

browndog

coverting the AWD to RWD is a serious head f**k, its easier and cheaper to buy a RWD ceffy to start with, then convert it to RB25DET. R33's never came in an AWD RB25DET variant, so you have to pull one out of an AWD Stagea, Laurel, or Cedric/Gloria. Only problem is bar one unique spec of Stagea all of them are Auto.

You'd be better off slapping a GTR Gearbox and RB26DETT in it.

so u reckon the gtr gearbox would bolt up to the awd running gear. what about the ecu would it b able to control the awd i know the gtr's awd is controlled by the ecu but it is variable and i dont think the ceffy is?!?