SAU Community

Newcastle Cruise 18th Dec (sunday)

NYL83R

Thanks for the support guys - in the process of discussion with few friends now about mechanics they know etc etc...

If they cant do the job quickly and the mods are still a problem then ill get those parts off ya thanks Ian.

After i get it all cleared up then ill get the frontbar adjusted one arvo with you too Ian. Should be fun to see what its held on by!!!!

The biggest pain in the bum about all of this is the timing of the defect. Nearly every workshop is taking some sort of time off over teh xmas/new year break - so its making it hard trying to get this stuff cleared in 21days and juggle work around too!

But ill see how i go...

BTW: Merry xmas to all! And have a very hungover new year :cheers:

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys i know this is in the wrong section but i think im going to have to get a new standard R32 GTR clutch as i burnt mine last night trying to launch at 5000rpm :cheers: , if anyone knows where i can get one and how much it might cost then you will make me VERY happy :)

Cheers,

Michael.

BTW: Merry Xmas to everyone and don't do anything stupid in your car !!!!

Sounds like I missed out on a good day. Oh well... next time. Things have been hectic just like I suspected. Not getting my car back from the transport company for 3 weeks due to great incompetence didn't help either. All I can say about transporting your car is "Dive to to where ever you are going yourself" Even if I move to WA I'm going to drive it after all the drama's I had. It's not like the problems are over either the #$%^ cracked my front spoiler by trying to load it onto the wrong truck! Why did I pay the extra $1500 for presteige service if I thought it could fit up the ramps of a normal truck? So now I have to deal with insruance companies. Sigh!

Anyway... next criuse... I'll be there!

Anyone Planning the Next Cruise???????

Any Thoughts on a Cruise from Terrigal to the Entrance???? in a few weeks time. sometime in early Jan..

Anyone Interested..... email me: [email protected]

Regards, Trent

Edited by TGUY

Thanks to all that turned up....

Big thanks to Paul and Stace for organising the BBQ. shame about the people who said they were coming and didn't, after you catered for them. But with the text message scam, who can blam em i spose....

It was a great day though, with some awesome pics! :rofl:

Here is a few........

p10100836gd.th.jpgp10101273js.th.jpgp10101324pc.th.jpgp10101355vo.th.jpg

The police turned up at bar beach car park and hasled the sydney cars....what ended up happening there? i left pretty quickly when that happened.

thanks to NYL83R for organising, Paul doing the cooking and the shopping and setting up the cars. Thanks for the pics Monkeykplunk. I have given a photo to the marina as a thankyou. It was good to meet everyone, nice cars, THANKS for coming to the POINT. Hopefully we will see you all again soon. DRIVE SAFELY.....HAVE A NICE CHRISTMAS :rofl: STACE

Thanks for the pics Monkeykplunk.

Haha, i've been too lazy to even re-size em yet Stace :)

They look awesome though.

Somthing went a bit amiss with my camera though and I lost a whole bunch I took of Paul organising everyone into where to park.

Oh well.... plenty of others.

I'll try and get something up tonight.

Hopefully you guys will have that rear trim sorted out soon Stace and you guys can come on the next cruise with us :D

Even if I move to WA I'm going to drive it after all the drama's I had. It's not like the problems are over either the #$%^ cracked my front spoiler by trying to load it onto the wrong truck!

How bad is the damage Keagle?

I always planned on at least hiring a car trailor if I ever moved and kind of substantial distance from where I am now.

Tha really sucks. Hope it gets sorted soon.

Hey guys i know this is in the wrong section but i think im going to have to get a new standard R32 GTR clutch as i burnt mine last night trying to launch at 5000rpm :) , if anyone knows where i can get one and how much it might cost then you will make me VERY happy :D

Cheers,

Michael. 

BTW: Merry Xmas to everyone and don't do anything stupid in your car !!!!

Jim Berry does our clutches....and at $1000 a pop they are superb value for money....18months of brutal treatment and stacks of race meetings/ track days its only beginning to show its age.

Jim Berry does our clutches....and at $1000 a pop they are superb value for money....18months of brutal treatment and stacks of race meetings/ track days its only beginning to show its age.

Oh ok thanks, do you have a contact number or something i can get in touch with him with?

Cheers,

Michael.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Well the car is in to get its blue slip defect done/cleared today!!! Hopefully ill be back out on the road in no time :P

Thanks to Ian for his help with it all too!

And to Paul, for his suggestion about the apexi exhaust attachment (even though i didnt get it).

Anyone know of any decent plum back bov's for sale?

Im looking at the Greddy S Style Blow Off Valve on justjap.com - but im open to any suggestions as to which one would primarily suit my setup.

Also, are the hybrid style bov's that partially vent to the atmosphere and partially plummed back into the system legal in NSW?

Or do they have to be full 100% plummed back?

-Dave.

Edited by d-d