SAU Community

Do You Get Pulled Over For No Reason?

32GTRB

Haven't been pulled over yet... thank god! but I do get rather strange incidents where cops follow you for 25 minutes then get lost - what's the point?

Anyways, used to it now... solution: drive carefully!

sweet. i thought with you guys owning lines' they'd pull you over for no reason and defect you. gives me reassurance in buying an r33. thanks guys. will post it once i get it, hopefully soon! exams are over tomorow!!!

I get pulled over all the time!!!! I live in Ingleburn sw Sydney. It's come to the stage where I will pull over before they bring up the lights. I think they appreciate this in a way though....remember be polite. Though I was pulled up by a real *&^% from St Marys area command, the whole situation ended up with him giving me the bird and I wrote a letter to the police ombudsman.......now when I get pulled over there is none of the usual lift the bonnet crap....have I been black listed??

You can get pulled over for no reason. They'll breathe test you straight up most times and depending on how you act they could ask you to pop the bonnet etc etc. But thats normally hightway patrol only.

have been "officially warned" but never defected

for the most bullshit reason

i have my number plate on the driver side lower front part of bar

was pulled over on a thur night at 7 in the rain no one out (i live in a small coastal town) going to do the shopping and highway hero pulls me up and wants to know why my plate is in the position its in

i said i didnt think it was a problem

asked me to get out and follow him to the front of the car (mean time my frozen goods have turned to water)

asked me to walk 5 meters infront in the car and 5 meters to the left asked me if the plate was visible

replied yeah i think its preety clear what was i supposed to say no and ask for a defect

then there was the

"pop the bonnet"

as i did you should have seen the grin on his face it was like he hit the jack pot

rattling off defects as they do

the grin turned to dissapointment when he asked me for a reason

i said just a moment ill get the engineers report 15 min later he comes back from the patrol car with a fine (not a defect) for the number plate (non comply with australian standards) bullshit

what a sore loser

cheers

matt

I haven't been pulled over yet. But I was in a mates car the other day when he got pulled over. He drives a stock vp commodore.

The cop reckoned he went round a corner too fast, when he was doing like 55 through a corner I regulary take at about 70. He was going pretty slow and there was almost no body roll in vp with stock suspension. There was no way he was speeding.

I think the cop must've been bored and had nothing better to do then show off how much power he has. He strutted around the car like he was king dick and eventually gave my mate a fine for bald tyres. I'd have to say the cop couldn't have been much older than us (22).

I suppose he could've defected him for the tyres, as he has done a few burnouts lately, but only gave a fine.

But the point remains he was pulled over for no reason at all. The cop saying he went around the corner to fast was a very weak excuse. And it wasn't as if he drives a car that you'd expect to be targeted either.

man you guys are lucky that u dont get pulled ova. i have been pulled over before when i was dropping a friend home. u know what the cop said, What u doing around here......... even tho they just saw me dropping my mate home!! i was like what does it look like??? its pointless to argue but thats bullshit.

got pulled over in coffs harbour - formal warning for BOV.

the very occasional pull over RBT

and 2 neg driving tickets for flicking it out in the wet.

now i have 1 point on my green P's with 3 months to go until i get my blacks, all i can say is i am very careful where i drive, when i drive and i dont speed at all.

It took me a while to learn my lesson, save it for the race track - but yeah i hate it when you get power tripping copers! One of the randoms asked me to open the bonnet and show me where the BOV was - i pointed to the stock plumback BOV and he tried to write me a defect - i then question him why and stated that it was not an atmospheric BOV and i got followed all the way home (Coogee > Cronulla)

Shits me to tears that cops could follow me home for almost 45kms but they cant be on the lookout for people comiting crimes and stuff...............

I've 'kinda' been pulled over lol..

I was driving along one night and this AJ dudes R33 was in front of me and he turned off (not really relevant but anyway.. lol). In the same street a cop was waiting to turn onto the street I was driving along. Anyway a bit further down the road I saw a nice R33 parked in someones front yard and I pulled over to have a look. Just after I pull over I see a car behind me put it's indicator on. I new it was the cops but they didn't have their sirens/lights on so I put my right indicator on and slowly started creeping out.. sure enough they soon had the blue and reds going so I stopped. The female officer (no, she wasn't hot) walks up to my car and says "hey, I just saw you pull over and thought I'd make sure you were alright.." So I just replied 'yea I'm right thanks' and she has a quick look in and then goes "okay" and walks back to her car.. lol yea just seeing if i was alright.. pffffft. Luckily though my car is 99% stock!

I was driving along next to my mate in his Civic one night and we were both doing about 80km/h in a 60 zone.. this car behind me makes the undercover cop car siren noise so I start pulling over but it goes past me, I'm thinking he must be going after my mate but my mate pulls over and this car goes straight past him as well. Me and my mate were like "wtf?!" we both thought we were gonna get done!

Cops sometimes look at my car when they drive past but I don't get pulled over.

I went to my local nissan dealership and there was a cop car there and I parked behind it (you idiot stimpy!), then I see a female forensics officer walk down to her car and just before she got in she like stared at my car.. I'm not sure if she was admiring or memorising my rego! lol

Why do I attract all the weirdo cops? lol