SAU Community

Bp Ultimate Running Out.

noise

Hrmmm alritey.... hahaha avgas, that's what areoplanes use. My friends pumped it once at private airport. Apparently 100+ RON right? Which they said is absolutely useless... which is guess it is when ur car izzin't even tuned for it. LoL.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless you guys missed I was being sarcastic about toluene doing things to your neigbours dog etc..

Anyone telling you that it rots fuel lines is misinformed at best and at worst an 'idiot' (one who is politically ignorant from ancient greek language).

Plenty of myths about on this stuff touted by people who know nothing about the use and who most definately have never used the stuff.

Every time I see a comparison between toluene and bottle based octane boosters it makes me laugh, they are so full of crap.

ok, today i fill up using Shell Fuel and Octance Booster, the Octance booster says its boost up octance by 70points, which is like 7ron correct? so i should be running just around 100ron

im going to way a few days let the fuel get into the system and see how its goes.

70 points??? I think the printers must have farked up.  Most octane boosters only claim 3 to 4 points, which is barely noticeable anyway, if at all.

Thats what i through must be a mistake, but i check most of the bottles and they all say 7ron (70 points); i would have never pick but it was on specail so it was cheaper than normal (i think its something like $20-$30 for a bottle normaly)

I dont really think i will get +7ron but if i get atlest +2 or +3 i will be happy

p.s i dont know if u remember be steve but i was at the drift prac dude in grey r33, i talk to you abit and u gave me some good tips. Im michael aka mikey :D

Yeah mikey look at the bottle again, I think it might say 7 points not 7 RON. What did you actually buy? I have tried stuff from supercheap when I dragged my Pintara down the Motorplex for fun, got 18 sec! Heheh.

Yeah mikey look at the bottle again, I think it might say 7 points not 7 RON. What did you actually buy? I have tried stuff from supercheap when I dragged my Pintara down the Motorplex for fun, got 18 sec! Heheh.

ahaha i just check again for you guys Boosts octance to 7 numbers RON (70 points)

its called pro strength octance booster

whats the fuel/booster mix needed to get the 7 extra RON points?

1bottle per litre? :P

FYI, if your super desperate to put 98 RON fuel in your car the tiger kart club (the one next to the ole MC) has Optimax for 33$ per 20L drum. They use it for their karts in certain classes.

Shaun

whats the fuel/booster mix needed to get the 7 extra RON points?

1bottle per litre? :P

FYI, if your super desperate to put 98 RON fuel in your car the tiger kart club (the one next to the ole MC) has Optimax for 33$ per 20L drum.  They use it for their karts in certain classes.

Shaun

says 500Ml for 60L, but i did 500mL for 40L ahahaa

$33 / 20 L ??? OMG. Izzin't that 82.50 for a full tank of 50 lits ??? SHEESH!

I paid $78 to fill up once, that was when it was $1.47 a litre for 98. :P

Have to put Shell premium in mine tomorrow, got under a quarter of oh so good 98 left......... :D

p.s i dont know if u remember be steve

Yep, certainly do remeber you :) nice car and some nice driving too.

Serioulsly guys, tolulene is your friend, your car will love you for using it :O And if your thinking of paying lots for fuel, I can also recommend elf LMS, 102 RON and at $5.50 per litre, it is awesome stuff if you have the money.

Oh, and I found some cheap tolulene at Westfuels, $66 for 20L :)

This on the Fuel watch website

News

Update on Premium Fuel Availability

BP has advised that their refinery is now back up and running. They will be supplying premium unleaded petrol and 98 Ron (marketed at BP sites as 'Ultimate') to retail sites as of today. It may take a few days for all sites to be fully stocked, so to be sure fuel is available, you should contact the site first.

Added: 18 November 2005

http://www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au/news/dsp_ne...cfm?news_id=131