SAU Community

Midnight Criuse

trick

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahahaha! :rolleyes:

Funny stuff, yup would have been embarassing to be 'dueled' and 'spanked' by a 8k weapon (albeit with over another 9k in mods).

Ive been riding for 8yrs now, so Im confident in my abilities thats for sure. I ride with an ex-500GP privateer rider and have learnt a lot from him & the others in the group. So, yeah, I can lay straight in bed after what Ive already written, no worries there; wink wink.

I used to play a LOT of footy, but 7knee surgeries have stuffed that up, so Ive put a lot of time / effort into honing my skills on 6am Saturday / Sunday mornings on empty (fast) hills roads. The skills are there to back up the statement. Not in a car though, crazy stuff, Im very cautious on 4wheels, very silly on 2.

As far as Hayabusa's go, nah, straight line stuff only Noz. They're not that great for twisties, plus power to weight ratio throws my 150rwhp 186kg Fireblade infront of a 160rwhp 240kg Hayabusa. The thing that slows me down is MY 130kg weight (plus leathers).

Had a great duel with a Porsche GT2 down Bull Creek Rd about a year ago, he was a maniac driving around corners on wrong side of the road, & needed to be put in his place. Very scary driver who almost crashed 3(?) times headon........

Now as far as a duel goes, we'd need a 10sec GTR stripped and lightened, to make it 'interesting'. Fact is my power to weight ratio wins hands down, no contest, null & void.

BUT - Im so hooked with the RB25DET Ive been toying with selling up.... maybe not yet, at least not until after the spanking.

:D

Brendan

... plenty of big sports bike have held up our cruises before.

To the Basket Range (in the wet) :rolleyes:

Simple, they must have been girly-men, as Arnie puts it.

Yah, Basket Range is a nice area, but to be fair to the tintops, for full on action how about the 'VictorHeim' Delemere Rd?

Thats a 25km stretch of road between Delamere & Vct Harbor, on top of a hill range, left right left right the whole way, lowest speed of 220.

Not that any of us condone that sort of thing, eh? Last word, I will admit I was impressed with the speed shown up Eagle Hill rd last friday night, you leaders must be used to the feel and grip levels of your steeds. very important.................

Ride / drive safe, Brendan

damn, wish I took the Fireblade out instead, and spanked all your arses!

yeah i second that notion im with ya stu

bike's smike's ive had plenty of experiences with bikes most faster than a fire blade and im sure ya dont need a 10 sec GTR to make it interesting ill give ya a go anytime especially gorge or ponds my fav

we get lots of spinsters on these forums that all they do is talk and when it comes to crunch time they bail

if your going to post up stuff like you have you had better be willing to walk the walk so to speak if not you had better stick to Nissan.Sylvia.com

Edited by trick

It would depend on thr road, but the bike has a few problems if the corners are tight.

Power to weight is usually in favour of the bike, and it has more roal width to play with, but its tyre contact patch is quite small, and those brakes have trouble compared ti a good race car setup.

If its a straight road, the cars aerodynamics should give it a higher top speed, if its tight and twisty (ie lots of braking) the car could win, but a gently ride through the hills (victor, strath etc, I guess the bike would win)

Hahaha, you're all funny. Everyone's a bit touchy tho, hey? Hope I didnt dent anyones manhood. Seems like I may have touched a raw nerve though. :P

It was simply a throw away line, stating that yes I would have been up at the front if I was on my 'blade. Fact. Simple. And spanked seemed like a nice word to use.

Being dark wouldnt have helped due to poor headlights and not being able to see thru the corners, but...... as I said I can sleep straight as its a 100% correct comment. I dont want to been as a jerk-off boaster tho. Im not like that; more the quiet type.

Trick, this thing is good for just under 300, legit speed with recalibrated speedo (geared for Mallala). And it gets there very quickly indeed. Im 130kg plus riding gear, and its the only bike that Ive riden that can power mono, ie throttle only, no mucking around with clutch, pulling the bars or weight distribution. Got a higher power vs weight ratio than a ZX12R or a Hayabusa, and as 'quick' as a brand new 05 model GSXR1000.

Lets use some grey matter here..... how heavy is your car (wet weight), how much power does it put out at the rear wheels (or 4 wheels)? The 918.5cc CBR is 205kg wet weight and 113kw at the rear tread. Work it out.......... for a car to stay even from 0 to 250 youd need to have over 500kw from a 1tonne weight. Obviously in the real world on real road conditions its a bit different, but you see my point?

Traction is where the bike would be held up, as when on full lean the contact patch is like 3cm at the rear and less at the front, whereas a car has 400cm plus (for 1 side front and rear) depending on tyre size.

Chain of ponds is heavily policed, not a bad road, some great cambers.... still learning that 1 as I dont ride it that often (cops). Now Bull Creek Rd from meadows to the end and back, now there's a road. Or Delemer early on a sunday, no cops and all residents at church. I could go on and on and on about trick roads.

And Id never do what I do on a bike in a car, that'd be plain suicide & it'd end up in tears.

Whilst Id luv to bring out the bike on a run, thatd be rude wouldnt it, its for skylines I thought! Dont need to road race, too dangerous, maybe timed laps at the track is the go?

hhmm, NS.com? ah, no thanks. Ive got more taste than that!

:P:P =)

see My Beasts for a list of mods.

Braking is FINALLY up there with the power (long story), thanks to wave rotors, sinstered pads, 17inch front rim (up from 16inch) and braided lines. Could do with a Brembo master cylinder though.

I agree Guy, tight corners (ie Lobethal roads) and Im SHIT. No confidence if I cant see thru the corners. But down south, like I do most weekends, no contest, enough said.........

Biggest plus for a car, is that if you make a mistake at high speed it is a lot more forgiving.

I used to ride bikes aswell (love them but didnt like the car drivers)

I had a few too many close calls all in the space of 1 week (any one of which could have been fatal, but all ended up minor) and took the hint that someone was trying to give me a message, sold the bike straight away.

Cheers 4-Door, yeah Ive been there before as well, as We all have, had some real close ones. Lucky to be here. Sold up, then months later the urge gets me again......... (that was the ROYAL we, if you get my drift fellow rider).

Now with the 2nd kid just weeks away from birth, Im toying with selling up, but then I ride and all those nasty thoughts get blown away. Its just too insane.

When my knee joint is totally replaced then I guess I'll move on, but at this stage Im addicted to speed. And knee down corners. And the mateships, etc.

I'll admit though that I shake my head when a car tries to push with me (or the group) thru the hills, death wish waiting to happen. As far as forgiving goes, depends on the road. Id rather jump of my bike at 100kmph if I lost control and slide down the road (if its straight and not on a cliff top) then be in a tintop when it hits a tree.

Had a thought; email WG at Wayne Gardner Enterprises (world 500gp champ / australian supercar winner), and ask him if he'd be faster up and back on his favourite hills road on a 18k bike (600, 750, or 1000cc, it doesnt matter), or faster in a 100k sports car.

Im pretty sure we already know the answer..........

I'll admit though that I shake my head when a car tries to push with me (or the group) thru the hills, death wish waiting to happen. As far as forgiving goes, depends on the road. Id rather jump of my bike at 100kmph if I lost control and slide down the road (if its straight and not on a cliff top) then be in a tintop when it hits a tree.

Death wish ??? If you ride a bike you have death wish. Id rather hit a gaurd rail, tree or rock with the car not my body. Any one of those three things would make real mess of you. All you have to do is take a trip to the intensive care ward and take a look. If you would rather jump off a bike at 100kmph your a maniac with a death wish.

Ive seen many a crash, helped stabalize a rider etc. Its not nice, and I dont plan to come off myself anytime soon. Thats why riding within yourself at 70-80% seems like a good plan to me.

A guard rail would be nasty, yes, very, and gravel on the road is common, not nice but generally controllable. Had a few issues there thats for sure, but if you're looking thru the corner and feeling the road thru the wheels, then its generally aok. Certainly cant argue there with those comments though.

With the 'jumping off' comment, put it in the context I put it, nothing wrong with sliding down a road at 100kmph (with full safety gear/leathers etc), if you break your neck then thats unlucky. No death wish here thats for sure, just pure adrenaline and enjoyment factors..... =)

But yes, sorry gentlemen, pointless argument! Sorry, I sort of felt a bit attacked yesterday.